Sinister: b i r m i n g h a m p i c n i c (NEW ARRANGEMENTS, WELL, A BIT DIFFERENT ANYWAY)

ian hobart at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 18 20:02:16 BST 2002

(if you want to skip all the shite, and just get directions, look at the
bottom of this mail)

hello my loves,

the BIRMINGHAM PICNIC!  will be held on sunday.

that's

the BIRMINGHAM PICNIC!

yes,

the BIRMINGHAM PICNIC!

for those of you not in the know, this will be a PICNIC, held in BIRMINGHAM
in england, uk.  it will be at 2pm, in cannon hill park in edgbaston near
birmingham.  on sunday.  if you are in the midlands, there really is no
excuse not to come.

except for 'bugger off, ian, i don't want to come'.  which is a good excuse.

please note that 2pm is not the same as 1pm, which is earlier, and not so
late.  this was the original time, but dimitra says she can't be arsed to
drag her sorry arse out of-

no, dimitra, stop hitting me.  no, stop it....ow ow OW!!!!!!!!!!

err... no, the real reason is that i thought all you lovely people who are
travelling for miles (there ARE some lovely people that are travelling for
miles, aren't there?) would appreciate an extra hour in bed.

cannon hill park is quite big, so i propose we meet in the MAC bar.  the MAC
is quite easy to find, its the building, in the park, which is not the
boathouse.  if you're standing there and watching geese drift serenely past
on the wondrous waters of cannon hill park lake, you're in the wrong place.
MOVE, you muttonhead!

err.. yeah.  so, in the mac at 2pm.  outside, if the sun chances to shine.
inside, if it does not.

i am told there are going to be some egyptian belly-dancers at the mac that
day (no, really, i'm not making this part up....) i hope they won't cause
you any trouble, or get in your way.  if the crowd watching this belly
dancing is so HUGE that you can't find us, you might find this mobile number
useful, it is 07967 302614.  if you dial it, you may get to speak to one of
the finest minds in birmingham.  or i might answer instead.

the mac bar isn't the best in the world (dimitra's verdict was 'muthafucka,
this is a diiiive of a joint...') so, we'll only stay for a while if you
don't like it.  there are a few other pubs in the area.  hopefully, of
course, it will be sunny and we can just drink in the open air, like the
tramps we are..

SO, to summarise:

CANNON HILL PARK, 2PM.

you can reach this by catching the 45 or the 47 from Birmingham Centre.
these depart from corporation street (the road with tower records and
beatties on) or stephenson street (round the back of the burlington hotel)
about every 10 minutes.

if there are people coming from Other Places, and you're scared of getting
the bus into the strangeness that is Outer Birmingham, i can always meet you
in town, as long as you let me know you want me to.

i think, that's it

marvellous!

insult archel playforth, and leave

xx