Sinister: Q: What is the Greek for "credit card number"?

Simon Knapp simon_c_knapp at xxx.com
Fri Jul 19 22:14:36 BST 2002

i told a friend of mine that i was hoping to go and see belle and sebastian
in greece. he obviously misunderstood and said, "what, the musical?"... now
there's a gig i'd pay to see.

i am trying my best to concentrate on this post, slightly distracted by the
delights of "bid-up.tv" on the telly next to me. for the uninitiated, this
is the live, no-fuss, on-line, interactive auction channel. it's very good.
and so easy to use. with just one simple phone call you could be engaged in
a cut-throat bidding war for a 3 piece aluminium luggage set. help me. the
other night i couldn't switch off without knowing just how much those signed
'alien resurrection' film posters went for.

the problem is, i have recently joined the digital age - telly, phone and
internet, which means i can now check my email at home, instead of/aswell as
wasting all that time doing it at work.

oh my god, look at the quality of those saucepans.

ok, i just found a link to the 'splishsplosh' "belle and sebatian song
generator". maybe you all knew about this already, but for those of you who
didn't (like me), go to
http://www.splishsplosh.co.uk/frames.htm?song
and enjoy the likes of "boy in a drawer" "horse on the game" and "david and
the girl of string"

A: if anyone does know the answer to the subject line question, please let
me know. my attempts to buy tickets for the athens gig have been frustrated
by my lack of knowledge of the greek language.

take care

simon