Sinister: I was saved by rock and roll

howard shady flynn60102 at xxx.com
Wed Jul 24 04:47:12 BST 2002

Well well well...after a long month of struggling and
dealing with
stuff that I never in my entire life thought I would
have to deal with.
It all finally came to a close on saturday night.  I
haven't been to a
show in ages and have been going through some tuff
stuff.  A few
friends of mine came up with the idea of takin me
along to the Alejandro
Escovedo show along with the Drive By Truckers.
Finally the one that that
could bring me out of my crusty little shell was the
sound of LOUD ROCK
GUITARS!!!   My ears haven't been beaten like that in
ages and for once
I was actually thankful for it.   There is nothing
like watching a
bunch of PBR drinkin southern fellas with axes on
11(thats one louder than
10) to drive the demons out of someone.  At first I
was a little
aprehensive about the whole thing but about two songs
into the set I was
bouncin around like a 16yr old kid in 1976 with those
funky pants that my
big brother used to wear and just wishing I had a
better do on my head to fling around.  It's quite
possible that the beers I had been
indulging in helped me out a bit, but it was so well
worth it.  That bein
said, I've been a music dork for a long long time and
its been quite a
while since I've had that out of body experience from
a live show.  For
a few hours on saturday I was a kid again and loving
every sweaty,
smokey and cheap beer induced minute of it.  So if
anyone has that not so
fresh feeling on life go out and see some live music.
It helped me and
it could help you too....hehehe.
 thanx for reading that pile.....AND NOW FOR SOMETHING
COMPLETELY
DIFFERENT

 I'm heading to the UK in september.....LONDON AND
SHEFFIELD to be
exact.  If there are any of you from those parts drop
me a line offlist.
I could use some tips and what not for my travels.
Maybe even meet a
few of you all while I"m there....Please dont be
shy....Help a little
Chicago area fella out on this one.   Thanx for
listening all.....I'm
back to my work here.