Sinister: I might love anyone

Matilda Liljedahl twistlittlegirl at xxx.com
Fri Jul 26 13:18:31 BST 2002

Hey you out there in the cold

So maybe I’m not heartless. Maybe I was wrong when I felt I didn’t love
anyone. This week I loved my family. I’ve been home alone for two weeks now
and I actually miss them. It would be better to love them when they’re home
than loving them when they’re gone, but still, this is a step forward. And
this week I realised I’m in love (at least most of the time). I’m afraid
this is going to break my heart rather than making me happy. But I prefer
being broken hearted than not feeling a thing (at least I think so, I’m not
perfectly sure).

It took me this long to realise I’ll miss Isobel’s part in Belle and
Sebastian (must have been some kind of shock-phase). I really like the songs
she’s singing and now I’m going to mix Gentle waves with Belle and Sebastian
but it’s not going to be the same. Besides she was the only member I could
remember the full name of (yes, I know how horrible that is but I’m really,
really bad at names).

Storytelling is now on cinema in Sweden. I don’t know if I should see it now
or wait until it comes to video. From what I’ve heard the movie is not that
good. Anyone who’s seen it is welcome to give me an advice in this difficult
choice I’m facing.

I’ve been visiting second hand record shops frequently the last time. And I
saw a guy who was buying Storytelling 2nd hand. I was deeply shocked. How
could that happen? Soon I realised there were a lot of reasons that could
have cause this occurrence.
1 Some poor B&S fan had bought Storytelling for her/his last money and then
acccidently dropped it on the street. Another person, without any
conscience, found it and sold it to earn some money.
2 Some poor B&S fan had her/his birthday the day after the release of the
record and got, not one, but two records from friends and family who had
overestimated her/his admiration of B&S.
3 Some poor B&S fan died recently and her/his relatives sold all her/his
records because they couldn’t bear the pain of being reminded of the dead
person everytime they saw the records she/he had loved. I found Tigermilk in
the same shop, which sadly supports this theory.

I was also lucky to find The Boy With The Arab Strap to a very nice price
and I bought it because (aaaaaaaaargh here’s the truth) I didn’t have it and
I’ve never had it. But wait, I can explain. I never buy all the records of
one group at the same time. Every time I’ve bought a new Belle and Sebastian
I’ve been happy every night and day for at least 3 weeks. I want to spread
this feeling over time so I can be happy now and then and not only one time.
Sometimes I’m happy even if I haven’t bought a good record recently, it
happens :) But anyway this is my record-buying-strategy and since I
discovered B&S pretty late it took me this long. Anyway this buying of The
Boy With The Arab Strap made me as happy as always. I’m now more convinced
than ever of how much I love Belle and Sebastian. They are the kind of band
that can make me feel right when things are wrong. I even like to listen to
the songs that I wouldn’t have liked very much if someone else was doing
them, because I’m stuck to that feeling they give me.

Now I really have to eat some pancakes or something will go wrong, terribly
wrong./ Bye