Sinister: My nursery days are over

kenneth.chu at xxx.org kenneth.chu at xxx.org
Fri Jul 26 16:33:58 BST 2002

Dear sinister,

Some terribly exciting things happened in the past couple of days.

First of all on Wednesday, I saw a Helicopter taking off from the middle of
Oxford Street - it was the London Emergency Medical Helicopter, no less,
that I've once seen on an exciting TV show called "Situation Critical",
during which it had played an important role of turning the tide in all
kinds of losing life-or-death situations.  I didn't find out what the
emergency was that day though, but I think it involved a bus.

Second of all yesterday, I was in a situation where I could have saved a
desperate man from missing his plane, by lending him £12.50.  You see he
needed to take a coach from Victoria Station to Gatwick Airport in London,
unfortunately I didn't have any money on me.  The poor man, he didn't even
realise that the plane ticket in his hand was fake, and that the London
Underground platform he was on takes him to the total opposite direction to
Victoria.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought that he was a
con-man...

Third of all last night, there was a John Peel session, with Belle and
Sebastian on it.  At first I thought B&S have taken on a totally new
direction in their music, by playing drum and bass, but then I realised that
it was actually one of the shit records that Mr Peel put on.  Later on my
heart was put at rest when my beloved B&S played one of their classic Bossa
Nova tunes, and I was a relieved man, thank God our heroes are still as
bonkers as ever.

There were a couple of archetypal Stuart tracks to keep the punters happy
though, including one apparently to be from the now obligatory "I don't love
you anymore Isobel ner ner ner" genre called "you don't upset me"(?).

Fourth of all recently, I have acquired a work e-mail address!!  About time
too, and my beloved List mummies have given me private tuitions to speed me
through the nursery school.  I'm a big kid now!  So you should all write me
to this e-mail address during the day-time to keep me from working.  However
crush votes should still go to pykachu100 at hotmail.com!

Fifth of all a few days ago, thank you very much for giving me a crush vote,
whoever kind soul who sent me one the last time!  You should reveal
yourself.

Sixth of all now, it's almost finish work time!  So I'll be off for karaoke,
then.

Love and Red Bulls
Ken