Sinister: KenChucky Fried Chicken

Fernando Brito fbrito at xxx.br
Fri Jul 26 19:40:26 BST 2002

Hi, Sinister!
How are you?!

Khan Chu wrote about SFC... and I've never heard about it!
We do have KFC, though. It's been a while since I saw one, I think they
gave up trying to sell fried chicken in Brazil... that's weird because we
eat chicken like the irish eat potatoes!

Hmmmm...

Nice to know that B&S signed with Rough Trade. A couple of months ago
Trama, their label here in Brazil, also signed a deal with Rough Trade. So
things will probably remain as they are, thank gods! I was afraid I'd have
to pay $50 for the next B&S's albums, as we used to pay before Trama...

Michael Grand wrote about birthdays, and...
WOO, it's true! I forgot about this extremely important date... Stooart's
birthday!
Guess who was born exactly on the same day?!
YEP! ME!
Not on the same year, surely not! I'm not that old!
Have you ever looked for things that happened on your birthday? I've
collected lots of important things, and other completely useless stuff...
My sister was born on that day too (and I still don't know whether it's in
the Important or in the Useless category...), but not on the same year as
I, we're not twins...
I wonder what happened on that day, nine months before I and my sister were
born... my parents must have had something really special to celebrate on
that day!
One day I was counting the months to know when I was conceived, but as my
mathematical skills are null, I thought it happened on 25th December! I
thought: "Whot?! My parents... those perverts!!".
I was wrong, of course, in fact i was conceived around the 25th November,
which is near to our republican proclamation (we were an empire before,
blah, blah, blah...). So I suppose my father is a passionate republican...
or maybe my mother!
Anyway, I'm going to visit me mom this weekend. It's been almost three
months that I don't go see her, she must be missing me. I admit I don't
miss her much... I'm such a stupid person!
It's also an excuse to go see my sini friend Ana! Hi, Ana! She's the only
person from the sinister list that I've ever met! She's also the only one I
know that loves B&S. I know two or three other people who also like them,
but, it's weird, they only LIKE them... I thought B&S was one of those
bands that you hate or love! At least for me it's like a religion, everyday
I think about them, sing one of their songs... like a mantra. Or sometimes
when I feel this or that way I sing one of their songs that fits so
perfectly with my feelings.... And everyday someone posts to the list, and
as I work with e-mails, I often read them immediately. There's no escape! I
even thought I was getting obsessive, but then i remembered The Stars of
Track and Field and sung it to forget!

babbling... babbling... babbling...

Time to go.
See you on monday, folks!