Sinister: Indie Sweets

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Sat Jul 27 01:35:00 BST 2002

Hello Sinister.

I just read Christopher Devaney's post, and I feel I should offer my
services, not as a purveyor of advice, but of bootlegged music. See, I
managed to record the Peel Acres session last night on my computer. I have
all the songs on mp3, so I can burn/email them to anybody, really (although
I am a little on the skint side until I get paid, so any US residents might
have to wait for a week or so if they want a CD). I even spent some time
afterwards editing them, professional like. I was trying to set up a website
where I could put them up, but nowhere seems to want to hold files greater
than 1MB. Man, I sound like a nerd. But if anybody has any ideas where I
could put them, then please tell.

In other news, I'm 67% twee, according to that test on HDIFTBL. I don't
understand how, though, because the only twee thing that I said was that
Slow Graffiti was my favourite B&S song. It asked me what my favourite
Primal Scream album was, and I told it that I like Vanishing Point best. The
first Scream album I can actually remember coming out was Give Out But Don't
Give Up, but I didn't get into them until after that one. Perhaps I
should've put Give Out... as my favourite - it's not very twee, more Rod
Stewart than Stuart Murdoch.

I offered someone at work (my work = V-Shop) a Haribo the other day, and he
turned it down, saying that he didn't like Haribo because they've "done a
Walkers" on the sweet world. It occured to me though, he's got a point. You
can only really get Walkers crisps now, and everybody knows that Golder
Wonder were far tastier. But when was the last time you saw a packet of
Golden Wonder? Exactly. "You've got to support the underdog, y'see", he said
to me, and explained that he often craves a good INDIE PUNK RAWK piece of
confectionary - something with a bit of kick and flavour, none of this
tasteless commercial bollocks. I smiled and sold another copy of the Gareth
Gates' single to a small girl with a bag of Haribo in her hand. I felt dirty
and longed for one of those horrible gobstoppers I used to get out of a
machine in the swimming pool for 10p.

There are rumours of a Brighton shindig on the weekend of 10th August, but
I'll leave someone bigger and cleverer to give you the news.

love,

Asm.x

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but
      he certainly has a good vocabulary"