Sinister: A strange note from the guy at the back of the room

Paul McPherson pmcpherson10 at xxx.ca
Sat Jul 27 05:33:57 BST 2002

Hello:

I'm am one of those notorious lurkers.  I hide in the shadows, letting
your messages brighten my days.

I imagine I'm quite a bit older than a lot of you, not that it really
matters.  Like Christopher Devaney's friend I had a decently substantial
meltdown awhile back.  I applaud you for hanging around Christopher.  I
now visit with a psychiatrist who could really care less about me except
when I'm late.  The medication I take makes me sick but it keeps me from
wanting to drive my car into a light pole anymore.  I figured that if I
could make my self termination look accidental then my corpse wouldn't
have to continue showing up at that dreadful job to pay off my debts.  I
suppose I feel lucky that I've managed to pull it together enough, so to
speak, to work and the way my family looks at me now makes me feel like
I'm the subject of a made for TV movie.  I wonder who will be playing
me?  As I've been reading this I feel even more dreadful about myself
realizing that someone would have to find me like poor Jay.

I hope my blathering hasn't brought everyone down too much.  I really
just wanted to say thanks.  You've reminded me that sometimes my life
isn't that bad.

By the way, I went to see B&S in Toronto.  It was the best night I'd had
in years