Sinister: KENnymore than I'll be hosting the CHUby show

Rachel fruitloop blind_lisa at xxx.com
Mon Jul 29 06:44:56 BST 2002

Hello Sinister!!!!!!
Guess what WE did yesterday!?!?
We had a Southern-ish California Sinister Picnic on the luverly
shores of Santa Monica.  Of course, it was nowhere as grand as the
Edinburgh Picnic, but then again, what is?
The best part was that 5 of us showed up!!! Those in attendance were
Sara Bus Stoppers, Ernie Sanchez, Adrian "Glurp" Rudloff, me and that
boy Bapps.
We started out not knowing if we would even be able to attend because
of my horrendous illness, but Ben swore that he would have dragged me
out no matter what because "he knows what's best for me"... of
course, as I have reported before, my navigation skills are not the
best even when not altered by cold medication.  So I got us a little
bit lost and besides that a mile and a half on the 405 takes a long
time!  Sara and Adrian were already waiting there under the Santa
Monica Pier Sign for quite a while, unaware that they were both
Sinister! An old Polish woman, man with an umbrella hat and beach
balls, an imposter ben & rachel couple and ten zillion pigeons later,
we arrived. We all introduced ourselves and Sara notified us that
Ernie was "on his way".
We made our way to a shady patch of grass nearby, unfolded our sheet
and made ourselves comfortable.  Ben chose the accompanying music and
we offered sangria and bread and cheese and strawberries and cream
and chocolates. In no time at all, it became apparent that Sara is
indeed the perfect match for Ken Chu (she has been telling us this
for a while, but now we know first hand!) And Ken, her shit don't
stink! Sara, you are just lovely, ignore my Rachel slurs!  Ernie
arrived and seemed to just crash land next to me.  It was great
seeing you again Ernie, you are so sweet!  Adrian is very engaging,
and at no time at all, we all had an engagement with him at the Rose
Bowl! The five of us left our picnic spot to meet up at Adrian's
nearby apartment so we could caravan to the L.A. Galaxy soccer match.
 It was great because Ben and I had decided that if no-one showed up
or if we could possibly encourage the attendees to go to the match
then we would go.  So it was perfect.
The boys were really into the game.  They pretend to be all sensitive
and twee, but really they're just jocks!  I was trying to translate
the game into girlyspeak for Sara but we ended up just laughing
hysterically at greasy mullets and a little kid dipping licorice into
nacho cheese.  Sara's favorite by far was when the Galaxy scored
their 2 goals and they blew out confetti from the top of the stadium.
 My favorite part was that my hair matches the team's color.  Ben's
favorite part was that we get free KFC (because they did a draw and
if Carlos Ruiz scored a goal in the second half then we'd get free
chicken!) I don't know what Ernie's favorite part was, maybe the free
soccer balls we got.  Adrian's favorite part was probably that he
went out to a Sinister picnic and walked away with 4 people to go see
his team play, and Galaxy won! This could be a trend! Ben is
muttering something about SinisterfitbaUSA....
So we need 22 of you at the next Los Angeles meet up for a proper
kickabout! Or we could just go watch the pro's again, it was so much
fun!
Love to you all,
Rachel fruitloop