Sinister: Spending warm summer days outside- Not writing

Kjetil Sandlund kjetil.sandlund at xxx.no
Tue Jul 30 01:24:16 BST 2002

Where do the summer go?
I paid good money for the record and want to know

Hello people

After a summer of perfect wasting I've pulled my self together and read my e-
mails, or at least some of them. This brings me to point one:

Sorry to all who wrote (possibly brilliant) sinister post during the first
couple of weeks of July, They have remained unread, and been deleted. I feel
like the bastard who burnt down the library in "In the Name of the Rose." All
that wisdom gone, and lost forever.

The summer has been spent lazily, mostly by scaring tourists at my favourite
coffee shop by day and scaring almost all at my favourite rock joint by night.
I've also been a week at a very small house in the country, which came as a
shock to people who know me. They didn't think I knew where the countryside
was.

The rest of the decaying summer was spent discussing the merits of Strangeways
with a dog, who was the only one to listen. Strangeways has always been my
ignored Smiths album, until I zapped by Dawsons Creek one day, while they
played "girlfriend in a coma." I suddenly then realised the
fabulous "soundtrack to my life" qualities of the album. The dog just called me
stupid for needing Dawsons Creek to point this out to me.

And so it went, and here I sit writing crap and burning Dylan bootlegs. Since
all my instincts tells me this post could go further a-rye if continued... This
is the beginning of the end:

I look forward to nostalgia

Please excuse the ramblings of a Bob-head in the night
Kjetil

PS: It seems a some people have said nice things about the utterly wonderful
Hives lately, have you heard Cato Salsa Experience, you should. Same shit,
different wrapping. The look of CSE has more of the denim extravaganzs, while
the Hives is clearly the Hollies wannabe. I think the CSE record is released in
the UK among others, if not bend the law and download.