Sinister: I also play kazoo if you'd like me to accompany myself

Adrian Rudloff bluish_brown_glurp at xxx.com
Tue Jul 30 23:09:58 BST 2002

Hi All,

I don't post much and I've been so behind in reading
the list ever since I went on vacation, so if you
recently found yourself inexplicably writhing around
in pain, that was me deleting you unread and I
sincerely apologize. Now would be an opportune time to
exact your revenge.

I wanted to give my impressions of our little LA
meetup and to thank everyone for such a lovely time.

I saw Sara Bus Stoppers waiting and didn't know who
she was, but I had a hunch she might be one of us. It
was so funny when this old man walked right over to
where she was sitting gave her a creepy smile and
spread his left-over rice on the ground right beside
her for the pigeons. Within seconds Sara was swarmed
by the flying rats. Did she get up and move? Did she
curse the old man out? No. She breaks into the most
heartwarming rendition of "Feed the Birds" from Mary
Poppins, I've ever heard in my life.

BenApps and Rachel showed up a little later. Not only
did they organize the shindig, but brought along all
sorts of goodies for us to eat, drink and play with.
Ben brought his cool homemade Star Wars chess set and
tried to get me to play him. I figure homemade chess
set=skills, and I could tell he had me pegged for a
well-oiled rube, which I'm not, and I politely
declined. I don't recall exactly why it was you guys
kicked him out of your country, but he's more than
welcome in the US, in fact he's just the man we were
looking for to tip the scales in our favor. He and
Rachel make the sweetest couple and even though she
wasn't feeling very well, she still managed a good
number of wise-cracks at Ben's expense and he loved
it.

Ernie arrived a little after everyone else, totally
trying to capture that "new boy" mystique, which I
think he did quite nicely. His knowledge of indy and
twee music is very impressive, and I found myself
nodding "yes" more than once to questions I didn't
know the answer to, to avoid exposure as the fraud I
am.

I hijacked the gathering to go to that Galaxy socccer
game, so I wouldn't have to go alone and everyone was
so cool about it. I owe everyone for being such good
sports and at the next gathering I'll keep my mouth
shut and go along with whatever the group wants to
do....so long as it involves Go-Karts:)

We stopped off at my apartment (BTW, total class act
that none of you guys have referred to it as a
shithole) I showed off my cats and Rachel kept saying
that one of them looked like Heather Graham. I don't
see it at all (the pink nose maybe?) but I've gotten
so much mileage out of that remark and still laugh
everytime I think about it.

Sara alluded to "broken toilets" in her post and I
felt I should explain. She didn't actually break my
toilet. On Friday the little plastic lever inside the
tank had cracked and would no longer pull the plunger
up enough to allow water in. To flush the toilet you
had to reach inside the tank and lift the lever (which
I showed her how to do). When she went to do this, the
plastic lever snapped off, breaking my toilet and
rendering it unusable....huh once it's all laid out
like that it does kind of seem like....I don't want to
get into the blame game.

After trashing my place, we all headed out to the LA
Galaxy soccer game. Ernie was very quiet about going
to the game, so I didn't think he was all that into it
but once we'd sat down he was all, Galaxy this, past
statistics that. We started calling him Erncyclopedia
after that (we didn't, but we should have if only to
make my account more accurate).

I had a great time. The game was a blast, but really
making nice new friends was the best part of the day.
I wish we all lived together in the same complex. Like
Melrose Place, only less backstabby.

Sara said:
>p.s...i think i got flipped off while i was driving
>home from the game....adrian, i think i saw that!

Hee:) I was waving bye. Perhaps another driver? and
please tell me that was a formula one car.

Later,
Glurp

PS. A loooooong time ago I crushed someone named M.E.
(Mary Beth) Curtin. I don't know if she's still on the
list. I recall she posted a few months ago mentioning
how little an impact she felt she'd made on the list
and I meant to write her then to say "no no I love
your posts", but never did. Believe me you're not
missing anything by not having me as a pen pal just
ask Jeanette Eastwood (thanks for the postcard
sweetie:) I just thought I should come clean about the crush.