Sinister: when it hurts we return to the banks of certain rivers

sophia katrina sophiakatrina at xxx.com
Sat Jun 1 13:08:07 BST 2002

DISCLAIMER: this is not one of those goodbye post that tells you all you
suck, so please, read on.

It's been a week of strange epiphanies - including but not limited to

*Tibetan Buddhism
*Househunting nirvana: a live/work space at a bargain price that will allow
me to fulfill my lifelong dream of moving into a huge unheatable warehouse
like the characters in Rent
*Run-on sentences that don't make sense
*Overdoses of caffeine
*Words said to me in a bar, late at night, that made me feel like I was in
the elevator in the Empire State building that plummets to the ground so
quickly that it feels like your body has been left behind at the top

Now that I'm leaving for ports unknown (tomorrow I really am taking the bus
from St. Kilda to King's Cross, then on to Britain & Europe - because for
some reason English people think these are two separate places - then the
States). It's time to bid you all so long, farewell, auf wiedershen, selamat
datang and adieu (or should I say au revoir) until August. It's been swell,
kids.

Some poorly remembered parting words from Raymond Carver:

And did you get what you wanted, after all?
I did.
To be beloved,
To call myself beloved on this earth.

Much love,
your Sophia
XXX

P.S. I'm stuck in New York City on standby for 2 weeks in July. Anyone know
anything fun to do in New York in July?