Sinister: CHU something pretty while you KEN

Rachel fruitloop blind_lisa at xxx.com
Mon Jun 3 22:45:31 BST 2002

HELLO SINISTER!!!

Matilda wrote: "How do you fall in love in that normal way all my
friends are falling in love?"

And this has nudged me out of lurkedom. Because it's a question I
often struggled with, and whoever read my posts last autumn had to
hear all about it (sorry!) My answer to the question you asked,
Matilda, is a lame answer that I HATED hearing:
It will happen when you least expect it.

That answer was always frustrating to me because I always wanted
love, so how could I *not* expect it? But since I am very much in
love now, I can understand what people meant by that. Truly, for
people to fall in mutual love, I believe you have to ask "are you
happy with yourself? put the book back on the shelf" (there's my B&S
content!) because a lot of times I think we so desperately crave love
because we are dissatisfied with ourselves or our lives. I struggled
for a long time to feel better about myself and about everything in
my life.  Those who have followed my posts will know that I
identified with the song "Beautiful" because it said so much about my
struggle with anti-depressant medication v. depression itself. And
for me, I was able to feel better about myself by switching
medications. When I started feeling better about myself, everything
just clicked into place. It so happens that someone on Sinister had a
"list crush" on me, mainly because of my post about the parallels
between my anti-depressant problem and the song "Beautiful".

Though list crushes have been debated before on Sinister as to their
validity, I still firmly stand as "pro list crush".  I couldn't
figure out who had voted a crush on me that first time, and then
ended up getting carried away with another list crush and then got
"uncrushed" before I figured out who the first one was from. I
remember posting on October 17th 2001 "Wait a minute, am I engaged to
Ben Apps?" which is significant because now I ACTUALLY AM engaged to
Ben! So it just goes to show that sometimes you find true love in the
most unlikely of places. Something that is just "fun and games" like
Sinister list crushes can turn into being the best thing that ever
happened to you!

Now, I have to say that I wouldn't ordinarily consider marriage after
only 6 months of dating, and especially since my Benny lives on a
different continent, and we've spent a limited amount of time
together "in the flesh", so to speak. Anyone who is or has been in a
long-distance relationship knows how difficult it is. Ben and I
figured that to keep the momentum of our relationship going, we'd
better make a move.  So the paperwork is in process at this very
moment with the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and we expect
that Ben will be able to legally move here to California (and marry
me within 90 days) in July sometime.  Now we expect to be married in
August or September. We are so anxious and excited to be together for
the rest of our lives. And it was all made possible by Belle &
Sebastian and Sinister! Hooray!

Now I wonder if I should change my email name to Rachel Apps or if
Ben should just become known as Ben fruitloop?

I also want to address a recent post from Ken in which he bid anyone
who is interested in joining the Mixtape Battle to gang up with
listees with the same name and challenge us... I just have one thing
to say:

¡¡¡VIVA RACHELS!!!

We are going to kick the Chrises, Wills and Rob/y/ins butts, so don't
even front, punks!!! ;)

Last I heard, Joe "Rachel Pancake" Vester has sent the tape off to
the next Rachel, so we're getting down to the end of ours.  Sure,
it's been going since November of last year, but we have 13 Rachels
on our team, that's a lot of ground to cover and it's transatlantic
to boot!!!  Just so you know, the Rachels are: Rachel Sunnyset
(Rachel Sunnyside-Up), Rachel Playforth (Archel Toast), Rachel
Cornflake, Katie Odle (Rachel Cheeriodle), Shannon (Rachel Pop Tart),
Lisa (Rachel Ranchero), Caleb Ben Moore (Rachel As Well aka RAW), Amy
Longcore (Rachel Applejacks), Joe Vester (Rachel Pancake), Stuart
"Piddlemonkey" (Rachel Griddlemonkey), and Ola Szkudlapska (Rachola
Cinnamon). Then of course there's our cheerleader Rachel Grapenut and
also myself, Rachel fruitloop.  As you can see just by our yummy
breakfast names, we are a force to be reckoned with (if you want your
arse kicked, that is!) So brace yourself, Ken (and send me your new
address!!!)

That's about all I have to say for today. Thanks to all of you for
reading this. And thanks to EE Fumblings for summarising the world of
Sinister in the form of haikus. It's much more artistic than my
summaries ever were, and much faster to read! Big hugs to you all!

Love,
Rachel fruitloop

p.s. SOMEONE has a birthday coming up...we'll call him K. Chu.  No,
that's too obvious, let's call him Ken C... and undoubtedly, the
perfect gift would be to have the treasure hunt clues revealed!