Sinister: bad vibratrions!

Brian McNeill brianraindogs at xxx.com
Tue Jun 4 10:55:42 BST 2002

Just wondering after watching the jubilee celebration cocncert last night
that the whole shebang was a complete let down apart from 2 things. Ozzy and
his amazing melting candle face, and the sheer genius of Mr Brian Douglas
Wilson.

I just felt for the guy last night, every otehr pop startwas wearing kinda
'rock starry clothes', and brian goes on stage in a very conservative suit
looking liek his mum had dressed him for the school concert.

Can't fault his songs though, 'California Girls', totally faultless, just so
glad that Mike Love wasnae there. 'The Warmth Of the Sun', this gobsmacked
me, a real obscure gem from Brian's Back catalogue. Even Eric Clapton on
guitar didnt spoil this for me. 'God Only Knows' and he was joined by the
Corrsfair enough still didnae spoil it for me!)

He looked so afraid yet serene up tehre, hiding behind his piano and not
playing a note. Then waving hsi hands and conducting and doing actions wa sa
bit scary. (but hey this guy is a bone fide musical genius! fuck macca!)
even 'Good Vibrations' with baby spice, cliff and geezers from steps still
shone through. what a guy, such bravery.

Also . . .

Anyone going to see Monica Queen @ King Tuts on Friday? If any listees are
going and wanan meet up for a preshow beer please let me know. Would be nice
to finally meet some of these geezers. (especially one particular person but
I will hafta be patient and wait a few more weeks!)

also (i dunno if this has been discussed before.) if B&S ever do a covers
albums what tunes should they do?

my vote goes for 'The ace Of Spades'

cheers

brianx