Sinister: Thunderboys, Melting Ozzy

Brian McNeill brianraindogs at xxx.com
Tue Jun 4 18:00:01 BST 2002

>Does Mr B. McNeill need his ears syringed? On what planet would Brian
>Wilson's
>performance be regarded as faultless? >

Well okay Brians performance wasn't 'perfect' by any standards, the heart
and emotion he poured into his performance far outranked anybody else on
this bill. Obviously you are in need of a soul. It could have been worse it
could have been mike love standing there.I just felt a lot of empathy and
admiration that he had the guts to perform. And ray davies was ropey as fuck
last night. I'm sick of him wearing that union jack jacket, and if i hear
lola one more time I will fucking scream. (And I love the kinks! But there
hasn't been an essentail kinks album since 'Muswell Hillbillies'.)

But
>how come Wilson got to come on and stagger through four pieces of well-worn
>Americana and Ray Davies gave one extremely respectable rendition of Lola,
>and
>disappeared?

I mean he is Brian Wilson for fucks sake DUH!!!! TLK ABOUT MISSING THE BIG
PICTURE

Sit down with a copy of 'Pet Sounds', 'Smile' (Bootleg) , 'Surf's Up', hell
even 'Sunflower' or 'The Beach Boys Love You'. That will tell you all you
need to know.(Brian is an amateur Human being but a GENIUS MUSICIAN) As for
Macca he gave me the dry fucken boak, he was as exciting as a wet weekend in
saltcoats.

Apart from that I totally agree with ya about will young and his ilk. As for
the Queen tribute, shite on a stick. When was Rick Witter employed for that
musical.

enough of such frivolity

Brian