Sinister: I apologise profusely, in advance.

Jamie Harrison Jamie at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 4 18:55:09 BST 2002

Hi there,

It's been a while since I posted, and this definitely isn't going to be a
great one, so be warned!!

There's been a few posts about the jubilee celebrations. Although I actually
quite "like" Lizzie, I haven't really taken any notice of the televisual
feast for the past few days, apart from when Buckingham Palace caught fire.
That seemed a bit co-incidental to me, not that I'm suggesting anything...

I didn't see any of the live music, I had no desire to watch the likes of
Atomic Kitten, Gareth Gates or Ozzy Osbourne. His latest hit is awful, I am
not a fan of rock music, so a heavy track would wind me up anyway, but the
"Godfather of Rock's" return sounds more suited to the likes of Daniel
O'Donnell to me, the lyrics anyway. Slow, mushy and extremely dull. No
disrespect to any fans of Dreamer out there.

Tuesday 4th June 2002, 14.08, one of the saddest things I've heard in a
while appeared in my in-box. Isobel leaving, such a shame. I wish her well
though, in fact I noticed a new release album in a few weeks for her solo
project on Dot-music. I assume this will be the Gentle Waves, unless she is
actually "going solo" in the true sense of the word. Both the previous
albums feature frequently on my "playlist" so I will be picking this up,
when it arrives... Yeah right, that reminds me, it's about time I played
Sister Woman again.

The news of Isobel's departure comes only weeks after another of my
favourite bands future looks a little grim. I hope, if I can actually say
this, that it isn't a "wind up" or I'll be left with egg over my face. Ugh!!
get it off me!

"Tim Gane and Laetitia Sadier of STEREOLAB (!!!!) have announced that they
are to split."

Thought's of ABBA, and Sonny & Cher minimal though it is, spring to mind. If
there are any fans of Stereolab on this list firstly "hi!" and secondly you
will be able to appreciate what a hole there would be if this group were to
split altogether.

My main focus of attention recently has been on the World Cup, which is odd
because I'm not an avid footie fan. This is mainly because I am so
clumbersome and could not play a game to save my life! After England's
pretty dire second half, it was great to see Brazil yesterday, and one of my
favourite matches so far had to be Japan & Belgium earlier today. It was
good to see both host countries fairing well. I look forward with
anticipation to Friday, and hope that good fortune is on our side...for
once!

Went to see Le Tigre at the Social in Nottingham last week, pretty good
band. The album is a real grower, Feminist Sweepstakes. I'm told by a mate
that on recent tours they actually made the male fans stand at the back.
Forget Spice Girls, I'd say that's real Girl Power, but that's so 1996
anyway. The next band to consider seeing live are the Moldy Peaches,  but
Who's Got the Crack? Unfortunately for Matilda (assuming that she'd want to
spend an evening with me!!) they're playing the Boat Club in Nottingham on
June 14th, it's a bit too far for me to travel to Goteborg!! Anyway I've
just realised that's tonight!! Duh,  I need to wake up and smell the
coffee!!

I'd better wrap this up before I get any more complaints. I sense that look
of sheer torture that you've endured while reading this twaddle. I'm sorry,
but quality posts just won't come from my direction!

Cheerio!
Jamie :-)

* P.S. Anyone know anything about Dot Allison please mail me off list. You
could also offer guidance on creating better posts, if you feel so
inclined!! Cheers.