Sinister: nothing now can come to any good ( i think )

Jonathan Skinner staralful at xxx.com
Tue Jun 4 21:15:48 BST 2002

Dear All
I hope this finds you all in fine fettle
First of all before i digress any further and this post is broken by any
kitchen trips i'd first like to bring attention to something someone said
and oddly enough it made sense
>            Shes your friend, one of your circle(or could be).
>              Not a storm running into your life and spinning you round,
but
> maybe more of an energy amplifing the goodness you have in your life, feel
> hugged when you think of her and a nice thought that keeps you going when
> you feel crackered at work or college.

I think that is the most interesting deffinition of love i have heard in a
long long long time and it beats collins or oxfords deffinition. I think
because of the media (ie the telly and films) we have a rather distorted
view of it- i'm sorry to quote the Fresh Prince of Belle Air but in
yesterdays episode it was said "you know you are in love when you hear sappy
love songs and they start to make sense"   i think it hits you sort of like
the plague and there is feck all you can do about it. A *friend* (i use the
term quite loosely) is getting married in october to a guy who she "loved"
in the first week of going out with him- she is 19 and has up to this point
been in love with 3 people and that is when love looses any meaning that it
had. But to play devils advocate (i don't believe this btw)  does it really
exist or is it just a notion that is put out there by the media- or is this
theory  by
lonely old sods who for some reason or another don't have it .
In the 12 hours since i started this post and now a revelation has emerged
that i was frankly expecting for some time- i wonder why though- surely not
because of the lyrics to "i'm waking up to us" i'm sure he didn't mean to
say you were a bitch!. Does this mean that she'll sink into self righteous
obscurity like stuart d- i certainly hope not. Even the show must go on and
all that crap she will be missed even though she wasn't happy and not
enjoying herself- i hope she is happy in the future in what ever blah di
blah di blah.
Well now that 12 hours have passed and that bombshell has been dropped i am
off to my foetal posistion until the world cup and every thing else has
blown over

love and lollipops and black armbands for all