Sinister: and everything you think and everything you feel is alright

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Tue Jun 4 21:56:30 BST 2002

sinister!
hello!

agh, bleah, splat! i made it back home to canada yesterday after 3
and a half weeks in london (and several days of that in paris,
amsterdam and oxford), but still have no grasp on reality. seriously,
everything looks fuzzy. and not fuzzy cute. fuzzy weird. you know,
when you get back from holiday and everything is familiar but really
much more like a twilight zone episode than it should be. yeah, that.
and also, time is moving really slowly. all in all, i'd rather be in
london.

but hey, vancouver is beautiful at least even though a bit slow.
london was non-stop fun and fabulous. it made me ask myself what is
probably an oft-asked question: 'am i insane or am i in london?' and
also 'am i truly myself here or have i lost myself entirely?' ah ha.
er. really though, aren't there a number of realities we move
through? and each one leads us to better understand ourselves. yeah,
that's it. right now though my self wants to rock. but instead my
self is sitting at work and opening 3 weeks worth of mail.

one of the greatest things of all was seeing Le Tigre at the astoria
on friday night. Le Tigre!!! it was so so so good. it was amazing.
religious. it was like being 17 again at lolapalooza but without the
lameness and insecurities of being a teenager and liking music that
may have well been shite (but was good at the time.) Le Tigre however
are the furthest thing from shite. they are rock. solid. and everyone
there knew all the words. and *i* knew all the words. and everyone
got really sweaty jumping up and down and shaking their fists in rock
fashion and so did i. yaay! and even better is that (the famed) mark
casarotto came to the show too. and despite the 'faggy but nice'
descriptor, the boy can rock. and does rock :)

among other greatest things of all:

- sinister brighton picnic at which i drank a lot of things which
caused drunkeness. but so did everyone else, so ha ha. oh, it was so
much fun. i really could have sat on that beach forever talking to
people and just simply being there among all that. aaah. and we also
watched eurovision, which i almost didn't understand, but then
realized that i was making it out to be much more complex than it
actually is. which is 'not complex in the slightest'. i suppose i
could have put my glasses on to read the subtitles better, but that
would have required removing the glass of whisky from my lips. not
worth it. anyway, yaaay for everyone there, and yaaay for sinister!

- the dancing/clubbing i partook in which caused massive sleep
deprivation and consequent recovery sessions, but was really just too
much fun. i may start buying dance music. my god... but really, can
one get enough sasha? i didn't even think i liked trance (or rather
is it progressive house uplifting trance etc?). but, like everything,
if it's crap it's crap and if it's good it's good. or something.
also, i love descriptions of dance music, ie: 'yeah, this is, um,
uplifting breakbeat progressive house techno trance.' ha ha. no,
really, i've heard this come out of people's actual mouths.

- everything on toast. yeah. bring it on.

- all the huge insanely gigantic buildings in paris. i mean, really,
you'd revolt too. however, it being 2002, i chose to climb all the
spiral staircases in these things instead. and then take pictures
like the bastard tourist i am.

- the underground and metro systems. how much do i love underground
public transportation? so much! it takes you everywhere you want to
go! it's fast! (usually) and there are all these signs to read and
announcements about stops and gaps and termination points. wow. i
*love it*. i actually love the skytrain in vancouver too even though
it's above ground, but it only has one line and is therefore just not
as exciting. toronto's subway is good too, though again, only two
lines. new york's subway rocks my world as well. and i'm moving to
montreal in september and what do they have there? a subway!!! joy.

- a thousand other things that i can barely bring myself to think
about because really so much was so good.

okay then, the reality impairment remains. but i think i'll be fine.
a little sad for a bit though. sadness that makes it a little hard to
breathe. hm. phew.

oh, i have the rob/y/ins tape! and therefore i have a mission!

okay, more drivel at a later date. mmm, drivel. on toast.
love and things much like it,
robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC