Sinister: Stuff

Simon Fallaha psi_fla at xxx.com
Wed Jun 5 20:22:16 BST 2002

Hello again everyone.

Long time, no write. Not since the Belfast gig last
December, actually.

Meant to write since my exams finished nearly two
weeks ago, but never got round to it. Around that time
a friend of mine went to London and met Marianna
Longmire and Ken Chu. He told me about the Track And
Field indie night, which I am really sorry to have
missed.

Me? I've changed my main E-Mail address(I now use an
ifrance account) and haven't been doing much else this
last week except watching the World Cup. Easily
preferable to the Jubilee celebrations in my opinion.
The quality of the games gets better every day.

The show I was doing with the Operatic Society
("Anything Goes") now seems almost a lifetime away. In
fact, the last time I met anyone from the society was
more than a month ago, when I went to Coleraine to see
another production of My Fair Lady (which,
incidentally, totally blew me away and has been
nominated as one of the best shows by an amateur
musical society in Ireland). I saw one of the cast in
town recently and she acted like she didn't recognise
me. Just my luck, eh? I don't know whether or not I'll
be back with the society next year. I will need to
find myself a job first. If it's in Belfast, think of
how much concerts I could go to.

Speaking of concerts, I did a review of the Belfast
gig for our student magazine. Not much point in
showing it here again, cos it's basically an edited
version of my post entitled "Someone's forever blowing
bubbles...".

Only recently have I had time to browse through your
posts again, and suddenly I discovered Isobel's
departure. What a shame. She's one of the best things
about the band. Never mind. Like most of you, I wish
her all the best in what she does next (sadly, that
does not include The Gentle Waves...). Rachel
Playforth has a point when she says, "ah isobel, what
are the boys going to look at now that your pouting
face and shaking eggs will be absent from b&s shows?"

I recently got the soundtrack for Storytelling. It's
quite good, though I haven't listened to all of it
yet. And I haven't seen the film. Last night I went
and saw 40 Days & 40 Nights - I wouldn't recommend it
to any of you. There hasn't been anything better on in
the cinema this last month than About A Boy and Attack
Of The Clones (which I seem to like more than my
friends).

Anyway, enough from me for now.

Take care,

Psi