Sinister: she grew up and she left the rest of us

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 5 12:03:59 BST 2002

ah isobel, what are the boys going to look at now that your pouting face
and shaking eggs will be absent from b&s shows?  still, with solo and
collaborative projects planned etc, maybe they will get to see you Sans
Pout, which could well have been just a reflection of your discomfort at
international touring/recording/tv/interviews and all those things that
happen to you when your modest beat combo steps up a gear on the success
machine.  may you find your new directions more inspiring and less
exhausting.

so, i hope y'all who had jubilee bank holidays enjoyed them.  my fun
started on saturday when i got very very sunburned (mad dogs and
englishmen is right), and came home to find a copy of storytelling
inexplicably balanced on a can of air freshener (though in fact it
wasn't inexplicable for long as there was a message on the answerphone
from matt saying 'there is a copy of storytelling for you on top of that
can of air freshener'.)  through my sun-addled haze it seemed quite
lovely, especially 'scooby driver' which is POPtastic.

(it was particularly impressive that matt got back from japan so quickly
after scoring that cracking goal against cameroon, too.  i hope the rest
of the irish team didn't miss him while he went back to his alter-ego as
record shop manager and archel's boyfriend.)

i didn't do much for the rest of the jubilee weekend because i am a lazy
arse who has no money, but my playstation skills are now as finely tuned
as they're ever likely to get...

i am very stressed about moving in a couple of weeks, so if any brawny
sinister men or women fancy driving a van/humping sofas around/making me
cups of tea you would be very welcome.  ok, so that's not an invitation
i expect anyone to take up, but here's a better one: i have taken care
to sandwich the trauma of moving in between two lovely gigs in brighton
- looper on 16th june and moldy peaches on 21st, so if anyone wants to
join me for either, let me know.  i have a newly acquired 'fuck peacock
johnson' t-shirt and everything.

luv archel xxx

ps. hm, it seems to be my BIRTHDAY the day after i move, too :)

Visit www.buzzwords.ndo.co.uk for the best new writing on the web.
Email submissions to buzzwords at bigfoot.com