Sinister: mourning hamsters everywhere

Caitlin Pigtails wpsalt at xxx.com
Wed Jun 5 09:49:35 BST 2002

Good Morning Sinister!

And the man-hunk Rob Brennan said:

> Sorry to hear about Isobel - best of lick to her in whatever she
> chooses to do.

(actually, he didn't.  But I can't be bothered to correct my own typos
today)

You people, you know, you're all too nice.  You should be all fuming
with rage at foaming at the mouth at Miss Campbell's storming off and
leaving the band.  Or, on the other hand, you should be jumping up and
down and cheering and shouting "yay, they can go get a cellist who's
actually CHEERFUL on stage now" -- well, I know a few of you are.  We
shouldn't be just sitting back and saying "aw, sorry you're gone, hope
the future is wonderful and sunny and full of little sluffy bunnies."
How insipid is that?  We'll get a reputation as a mad crowd of
incredibly twee little fuckers.  And I know none of you would want that
to happen.

Was there anyone at all who was genuinely surprised at the news?  I
mean, after she pulled out of the US tour, and after it was revealed
(by Mick, wasn't it?  my memory is foggy) that IWUTU really is about
her and Struan.  I bet nobody had told her; she must have been thinking
"bah, it can't be about me, he wouldn't do *that*"  Maybe it isn't, and
it's just that everybody thinks it is.

Incidentally, I've been working on all the replies people sent in to
the Sinister Questionnaire.  When the results are all finished and
online I'll let you all know about it.  Feel free to send more answers
in, though.

Yesterday, I got all inspired courtesy of Miss Popnoodle Idleberry.
She invited me to go shopping with her in Glasgow, and we wondered
round Buchanan Street and Queen Street for an afternoon.  We saw the
David Mach exhibition at the Gallery of Modern Art, which was rather
good.  Lots of collages, larger-than-life sculptures made from
coat-hangers (looking like velcro people), and teddy bears (with big
long sharp teeth) aggressively wielding household appliences (all of
which had 3-inch power cords, bizarrely).  After going round the
gallery, we went round the art supplies store over the road, and it was
nearly as good.  Long racks of paint and pencils all arranged in a big
rainbow.

Idleberry came up with a rather good plan for some guerrilla art, but
sadly (sob) we couldn't find all the stuff we needed to do it just
yet.  It's a damn good plan, though.  All this art and shopping made me
all fired up to make and create and just generally do stuff.  I want to
get some canvas and make my own handbag.  I want to plant art around
the city without warning anyone.  I'm going to go now, and make a
collage of the risen Christ being worshipped by Kirsten Kenyon's
parents.

xx
caitlin

http://www.btinternet.com/~wpsalt/