Sinister: is it wicked not to care?

Helen McLean helen at xxx.net
Wed Jun 5 07:57:29 BST 2002

Hello there sinister,

Where is all this reverence about Isobel coming from? Is everyone afraid to
speak ill of the recently departed? My god, is it just me who breathes a
(breathy) sigh of relief about the loss of the huge arsed cello player with
the 'asthmatic hamster' voice? What happened to the sinister bun-fight of old
with isobel fans vs non isobel fans lined up across the playground that is
sinister? Who is going to share my jubilation that at least on the next album
I will have less tracks to skip? As a friend of mine said.. 'The clock doesn't
mean much to Rabbits and Owls but I've been counting the days for that stupid
insipid daft cow to leave.... ' (hi jim).

Okay okay, so a bit harsh, but frankly, I think its great that she has her own
side project where I can choose not to buy the albums and all those who like
her stuff can choose to, if they wish. I mean was it just me who was filled
with terror after the reports that she was going to release an album of Billie
Holiday covers (incidentaly did that ever come about?). Really..

Hmm, though I wonder who is going to play the cello parts now? Perhaps Mick or
Beans can learn.

But more importantly, who in the band can be subject to constant ridicule now
that Isobel has left? I mean, Struan (with his 'arms of sex') and his lyrical
genius is definately out. Stevie, although garnering votes for 'Beyond the
Sunrise', seems too nice and (allegedly too good a dancer) to take the piss
out of. Beans is too cute, and he's called 'Beans' for fucks sake. Richard's
into Rock and Roll. And Mick's trumpet playing is too good to rubbish. And
even *I* have a soft spot for Sarah. Hmm, Bobby? No. Its just not cricket if
there isn't someone I can moan about in my favourite band. Why? Because its
fun, because I'm a whinger, and because I have to have someone I can blame for
some of the mediocre stuff they have put out. Its never Struan's fault, you
see....

So come back Isobel. Please. We need you. Either that or hire someone crap,
and then we can all be happy, as I have someone to moan about and Bel lovers
can say that it was better in the old days. Everybody loves to moan, right? Or
maybe thats just me.

Lots of sinister love

Helen

P.S - To those who disagree, at least now bel's honour has been tarnished you
have the chance to defend it. See, I'm doing YOU a favour.
P.P.S - To those not aware of the endless debate that has raged for years on
the merits of Bel, just type in 'Isobel: arse' or alternatively 'hamster',
into the sinister archives and marvel at the number of hits. Or look at old
posts by starry(fluffy?) sarah.
P.P.P.S - Note the use of the word 'endless' in above postscript. perhaps i
shouldn't start things again. hmm, I'm sure Cliff would find this
interesting.. though not sure about the Dalai Lama.