Sinister: The tacos are good. That's what's really important. Please, sour cream.

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Thu Jun 6 00:28:34 BST 2002

Oh my!  A few days of quietness, and New Album + Isobel = Flurry of Sinister
posts!

This is just another one.

Okay, let's get this one out of the way.  I recall first hearing "The Boy
With the Arab Strap" all those years ago, and I just fell in love with
Isobel's voice.  And she turned out to be dead cute too.  So I say she shall
be missed.  I don't think it will change an awful lot, but I really don't
know.  I came into my workplace, and my friend came up to me, put his hand
on my shoulder, and said, "It's gonna be okay.  Look what happened to the
Clash!"  I shudder to think.

I read the Perks of Being a Wallflower on Sunday.  I really enjoyed it.
seemed very twee to me.  Of course, I heard about it from the list, so I
guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Somebody mentioned why we're not angry about Isobel.  The fact of the matter
is, we're (for the most part, some of you are HARD AS FUCK) all sad bedroom
devotees.  When life gives us lemons, we just sit there and sulk about it,
in the corner of the room, in a fetal position.  Right?

Also, people were attempting to define love.  I thought they were very good.
  I must say, since that perfect someone (yes, i'm talking about YOU) just
won't wake up and proclaim her love to me, I've found someone.  I'm a bit
smitten with her actually, although I probably shouldn't be. She is a Tool
fan. No offense.  She also has a twisted history with my friends.  She used
to date a girl who is both of my roommates ex-girlfriend.  And I met her
properly because a few months ago, she was dating a good friend of mine.
What a tangled web we weave.  However, I hung out with her for 6 hours
yesterday, and I didn't have a single cigarette.   I didn't even think twice
about it.  It was fantastic.  We did basically nothing for 6 hours, and I
didn't want a cigarette.  For me, that's great.  Usually, after about 2
hours I really want one.  And by the 3 hour mark, I'm absolutely dying for
one. I stop functioning, and all I can think about is that precious tobacco.
  Not with her though. Maybe this is a pre-sign for love?  Maybe this is my
definition for what love should be.  I suppose it must be different for
everyone.  Although I think I'm far too cynical to ever really be in love.
Or admit it, anyway.

I worked in the record store monday, when the shipment of Storytelling came
in.  NOT that I sold them a day early (looks around for Jeepster spies) or
anything, but it was great to pull out a big stack of BRAND NEW BELLE AND
SEBASTIAN CD's.  It's just one of the greatest feelings in the world.  Or it
should have been.  This was about the time when the drink I had about 30
minutes before (on an empty stomach no less) started to kick in.  They
didn't TELL me it was their new Nicky Sixx, which is 6 layers of chocaltes
and cherry stuff with 6 shots of espresso.  I wasn't feeling too well after
that.

But I've bored you enough.  I need to go back to ol' Glasgy around the end
of July/early August to find a flat.  Does anyone know a good resource for
finding one?  Or how long it will take to get one?

I had more to say, honestly.  But I can't remember.  I've started something
I couldn't finish.

-Matt
P.S.  congrats to those betrothed sinisters.