Sinister: i want to be the wandering sailor

amy longcore applekins at xxx.com
Fri Jun 7 18:24:40 BST 2002

"i'll come running to tie your shoe" by brian eno just Qed itself
up on my winamp playlist. the first note tickled my fancy.
it very much made me miss karren and sandy gill, whom
i met at the detroit and chicago shows. i drove them into
chicago with me, and i played this song for them then.
we discussed the rapture that would ensue if stevie jackson
were to sing the words. yeah, that would be nice.

i'd like to mention the twins, karren and sandy,
as i'm calling upon them to finally post. come on girls,
you know you want to :)
they were made midwest famous by being hauled up
on stage with the band 2 nights in a row.
lucky kids. and cute to boot!
it was refreshing to meet such kind, playful
people.

i haven't properly posted about the shows i attended.
i think maybe i had to let some time pass.
i'm better with reflection in writing than in
blabbering the excited here and now.

it would seem.

it did seem so, as i'm stumped for where to begin.

i could probably list as many regrets about the
whole event as i can wonderful things that did
happen. i even missed kirsten and mandee doing the
"middle aged woman at a festival dance".
it's a shame. dead shame.

the detroit show was one of the greatest times of
my simple life. truly. i can't say quite enough
about it. i can't get over how smooth and lovely
the band sounded. just charming. i was right smack
dab front and center, with many thanks to shawn and emily.
i played the role of girl in awe who mouths the words to
every song and bounces about sillily. *curtsies*
thank you, i do accept flowers!
beans aftershow set rawked my booty too.
literally. and don't let ree lie to you and tell
you that she can't dance, 'cuz the girl can.
i blew beans a good night kiss and headed back to
the hotel with my friend to eat the goodies i'd
picked up for the ann arbor sini picnic...
that were not eaten! there was even gouda!

oh, i did talk to stevie that night too.
my pastiche about it prolly didn't explain
it plainly enough. the storytelling pastiche
i posted here after the shows was all about my
conversation with stevie and how he had promised
to do "happy birthday" for my friend at the chicago
show the next night. it didn't happen, but as you'll
read, i wasn't quite up for it anyway.
besides, colin and amy took the spotlight as far
as audience fun with the band goes! holy heck yeah!
they were precious. i mean, being asked for your
hand in marriage at a b&s show? how sweet...

as far as chicago goes, i'm not going to tell
the looong tale. just know that i puked out of
sweet matthew henderson's car more than once.
then in his post-show post he said,
"amy longcore's wonderful company!",
or something to that effect.
bless his heart. hee hee.
it was not a good day for me.
the band sounded lovely, and aside from meeting
so many wonderful people, i also ran into an
old housemate. i was just too ill to fully
enjoy it all.
i even decided to sit in the balcony.
i highly reccomend seeing the band up front.
it's just not the same from the back.
not at all.

i met so many people i want to meet more of.
it was like a teaser.

ken is really cute.

storytelling is pretty. don't let anyone
tell you any differently. "black and white unite"
and "storytelling" and "wandering alone" are
my standout tracks. golly, "wandering alone"
live is a grand thing!

seeing the band without isobell makes her leaving
the band not such a hard thing for me to imagine.
i guess that's all i have to say about that.
and good luck to her, of course!

a crazy week for music it's been!
new b&s release, iso leaves the band,
rumors are flying about that tim and leatitia
of stereolab have broken up, dee dee ramone dies,
r kelley is busted for kiddie porn,
night ranger are set to play my towns' summer festival,
what else???

there must be something in the air making things
a bit crazy and loopy right now.

in my own life, i've been experiencing drama.
monday i was in an auto accident.
i get some bad financial news, but then
i finally get a decent offer on my home
that's up for sale.
2 friends of mine were attacked last night
after work and could have possibly been raped.
i'm doing a new job at work and having to
get used to more overtime agin.
what else???

big gay mark c has just warned me that he's namechecked
me in his new post twice. all i have to say is,
he had better be nice. and yes, that is a warning,
as well as a somewhat rhyme.

happy belated birthday to jennnnnnnn pb!

love and hugs to all i've met and hope to meet,
your queen of the run on sentence,
amykins