Sinister: World Cup results revealed

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Fri Jun 7 21:54:44 BST 2002

Hi All,

Apologies to those who are irritated by frequent short posts, but this is
all I can find to say.

Asm wrote:

"So Isobel left. ... I can't help feeling that it's the beginning of the end
for the band (although perhaps Stuart
David's departure signalled that), but that's no bad thing - they've had a
Brilliant Career. My hope is they'll release one more blinding record
(featuring The Magic Of A Kind Word, Lord Anthony and Miraculous Technique)
to rival the genius of the first three, and then call it a day."

I have to disagree with his feeling "its the beginning of the end for the
band", as I am confident they will take Isobel's departure in their stride &
move on - who knows, it might even allow other band members to reveal more
of their true talents. B&S may well change, but that change could just as
well be for the better.

I also doubt a "proper" release of TMOAKW, in view of what Neil said two
days ago in another place (where all the information seems to be), i.e.

"It's worth noting that the one that goes "Hey cut me loose", Magic Of A
Kind Word, was written solely by Isobel, so it very probably doesn't tell
you anything about the future.

I also can't see any way it will be released now."

What else? I found out today that Looper's gig at Cargo later this month has
been cancelled. Bummer, not only because I would have liked to have seen
them, but then also because the greedy bastards only give you the face value
back, so you still end up paying loads of money for booking fee & postage.
Are the other dates still on? Does anyone know the reason for the
cancellation? Was it poor advance sales?

Love,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK