Sinister: art; bemused musicians; randy gran

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Sat Jun 8 02:48:23 BST 2002

it seems to be all the rage now, posting to sinister.

so I thought I'd jump on the wagon and join in.

As pigtails reported, we went to an art gallery on
Tuesday in Glasgow. I'm impressed he remembered the
title of the show, cos I didn't. But its sort of left
me hungry for more artistic showings.

In the news: I see Stuart Braithwaite (occupation=
"bemused musician") got sent some exam papers by
mistake. I can imagine it now. Some poor kid sitting
their music highers, having their papers marked by
"Blur: Are Shoite*" man himself, arguing why he is
right, they are wrong, and excuse me? where is the
mention of Aidan from Mogwai.. sorry... Arab Strap? 10
points deducted.

(* if you live in Norfolk.. its "shoite")

I haven't had the chance to buy Toryspelling yet. I
did go on a spending spree last week though. i bought
myself a nice officers army ladies tweed jackety
thing. And some records.

I went to visit my grandmother, since shes been ill.
She was in hopsital, after an angina attack. So now
she was out, and we went to see her.

My gran has a boyfriend (or a "little old man" as she
refers to him). Hes asked her to marry him, twice now.
Shes said no on both occasions.
Not sure if he asked her twice in case she'd changed
her mind, or because he's old and forgetful. I'll give
my grandmother her dues- he takes her away on holiday
to foreign lands all paid, and buys her expensive
gifts.

Well, now shes decided shes definately not marrying
him, after her angina attack. Also, its about four
years since my grandfather died, and that might have
something to do with it.

theres also something to be learnt here- you're never
too old to get yourself in a love sort of situation.
If she can pull at 73, so can you, at 13, 23, 33,
43...

I'm tempted to ask if shes courting....

All the news about Isobel leaving...
Her voice, for all its whisperyness, had quite an
impact really. Perhaps we're more likely to see Sarah
singing more songs.

I guess theres not much else to say. I wish I could,
but my brain is feeling oddly empty at the moment.
sometimes, I wish I had something to fill it up with.
The art gallery worked, temporarily. It would be good
though, if there were inspiration filling stations. I
wonder how much you'd have to pay,and if it would be
taxed.
And would the shop sell little brain fresheners?

right, time to go.

love

Kristin

=====