Sinister: sunny day, everything's A-O.K.

Tollefsen Thomas whistlingpixie at xxx.com
Sun Jun 9 01:51:14 BST 2002

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and this here is my first post.
I'll spare you all the pain of having to read some
sort of intro except to say that I'm going to school
in Ann Arbor, Michigan and finally got to see the band
in Detroit and Chicago a few weeks ago.  It was the
best, they simply can't be strangers in this country
anymore.  I just had an interjection as to the song
that "Fuck This Shit" has always brought to my mind.
To me it sounds like the inspiration for the song came
from the song "Midnight Cowboy" on the soundtrack to
the film of the same title.  It's the harmonica-heavy
theme that appears a few times in the film.  Maybe I'm
looking for something that isn't there, however,
because I've always thought that that particular song
is fantastic and works so well in the film.  I
remember reading something when Storytelling was still
in the making about the band wanting to make something
like the soundtrack to The Graduate.  Maybe the idea
blossemed into a full on love of all things Dustin
Hoffman in the 1960's.  Probably out on a limb.

"I'll tell you what you can do with those dishes" -Joe
Buck

Tom