Sinister: just like honey

James l1amafarmer at xxx.uk
Sun Jun 9 16:06:31 BST 2002

hello everybody!
hope everyone in sinisterland is good on this fine day. things have been
very hectic lately, what with Isobel calling it a day and the new album
being really rather good... well, maybe not hectic, but eventful
nonetheless. I think the band have changed a lot recently, in very subtle
ways. But at least the new album was good; i was worried that they'd not
have done so well when they were making music for someone else.
so, i went to London to try and forget the project, which, wouldn't you
know, i now have to repeat. (I'm sure the evil perpetrators of computer
programming languages will eventually get their comeuppance, but until then
I'll have to stick to my voodoo dolls... oh, and therefore many thanks to
Cay, Simon, and the badly drawn girl for keeping me sane, relatively
speaking of course.) London, as ever, was quite fantastic, and the vast
amounts of bookshops kept me grinning as i sauntered about with my
London-mates in tow. but carnaby street has turned into a tourist trap, and
they took the  really big spider out of the Tate modern... grr!
aside from my weird obsessions with strange art and books however, i was
also introduced to the quite fantastic Mr Chu and Miss Longmire, both of
whom were very personable, amusing, and didn't take the proverbial too much
when i'd had a lot to drink at the utterly wonderful Track and Field night
in Farringdon. apparently one of the blokes from the trembling blue stars
was there, and idiot here didn't realise.
But speaking of music, i was wondering, not to start a thread, if anyone
else had noticed that pop, that dreaded little freeze-dried commodity, has
become much, much worse of late? i only noticed when my mate Ron compiled a
rather thorough 'best of kylie' compilation, and crap though much of it is,
it's nowhere near as bad as some of
the utter
bilge we've heard of late... maybe it's just me. I felt that the pop-idol
people should have been imprisoned, at least!
Well, sorry for going on, sorry if i should have written to you and i
didn't, and thanks for listening. or reading, I'm never sure which is quite
right...
James