Sinister: What do you do when you think people have more fun when you're not around?

Fernando Brito fbrito at xxx.br
Mon Jun 10 01:37:24 BST 2002

Hello!

How are you, sinister?!
I'm terrible! But I don't want to bother you with my problems anymore... so
this is going to be a quite happy post.

First a warm welcome to Gillian...
Welcome, Gillian!
I'm sure we'll become friends, you came to the right place!
You know, some of us are quite like you, being self conscious and
depressed, so we already have a lot in common!
Thanks to B&S for joining us! They deserve the Nobel prize of medicine!

Now my atempt to bring you some cheerful stuff...

I'm really proud of being brazilian today! You see, we are a very
benevolent people. We could have crushed China... but what for?!
And Viva England! I wanted to buy the english shirt, especially the red
one, it's beautiful... but it's too expensive, and I don't even have the
brazilian shirt...

Just in case you haven't noticed yet...  I shaved my head!!!
Wow! And it's like I don't exist anymore! HAHA!! I had a kind of long hair,
it used to cover my ears, and I didn't cut it for about 6 months, except on
my nape, my mother cut it twice, cos I didn't want to be a mullet boy...
My brother once told me I looked like Richard Ashcroft! And I girl told me
I looked like "that guy from Oasis"... well, I suppose it was Liam!
...ahem...
Now I look like Casper, the friendly ghost! It's like I don't exist!
Everytime I took the subway or the bus, or when I was just walking down
some street, there was always some girl who looked at me... you know,
looking interested! For me it was nice but I never really paid much
attention to that... I'm terribly shy, and those girls were just walking
by, nothing could really come from just staring at a girl for a few
seconds! But now... it's like I told you, it's like I don't exist! I'm
ugly!! People don't look at me anymore! Well, except when they look at my
clothes, because they're weird or because they're nice, or sometimes
because they're thinking "poor boy, who bought him those paints?!".
Anyway, now I'm ugly! My head is too flat! And I don't exist!

But, hey, let me try and stop writing only about me for a while, let's talk
about... hmmm... Belle and Sebastian. You know that band Belle and
Sebastian? From Scotland... ??? Yes! That one! That's it, the twee band!

First Isobel Leaving the House...
No surprise for me. I once have read this on NME, and then I thought that
could also be suitable if related to B&S:
"It's coming out under my own name," she (Isobel) says. "I'm a little bit
older now and I was sort of thinking, 'Why hide behind something?' I've
always had so many different people playing on my records; there's no point
in pretending it's a group. It's just a lot simpler really."
She was talking about Gentle Waves but... you know...
So... all in all, I think she wasn't indispensable for the band... I fell
in love with them when they came to Brazil and she didn't even come along.
So all I can do is wish the best of luck/lock/lick/leak/lack to Isobel
'Brian Jones' Campbell!
Goodbye Isobel, have a nice life! Maybe I'll buy your next album. Maybe I
won't.
Too bad if they're not going to release The Magic of a Kind Word in an
official record... I love that song.

S-torytelling...
They said the album would be released on the 3rd of June in Britain and
ROW, and on the 4th of June in USA. Today is 9/6 and I still haven't found
it here in this bloody country! What country is this which is not Britain,
USA or ROW?! As once said Gen. DeGaulle, "That cannot be a serious
country"!!
But I don't mind, I have been listening to my CD-R bootleg for about a
month and it's enough for me until I find the official. It only lacks
Jersey's where it's at, which I suppose is a dialog... Well, who cares
about a dialog? Perhaps if it was between Sturat and Isobel...
And people's been talking about prices... if you come to Brazil you will
know what is a cheap album... here it costs about 20,00 reais... or 5,20
pounds... or 7.60 dollars! Is it cheap or is it cheap?! Yes it's cheap, but
only for you, in case you bring your money. For us it's like you had to pay
20 dollars or 13 pounds. A salty price, as we say.

OK... that's all... poor post, but from the heart.
Oh, welcome to everyone else... Kristi, Thomas, Kjetil, Jason...

And kisses and hugs for all

Fernando Brito