Sinister: a discourse on brian mcbride, or, saying "hello"

clairk at xxx.edu clairk at xxx.edu
Mon Jun 10 02:58:26 BST 2002

Hello, sinister.  My name's Kevin and this is my first post, and I'm pretty
happy today.  Right now I'm listening to the Dismemberment Plan, which
always puts me in a good mood.  I rather like their last album, and I think
"The Face of the Earth" might be one of my favorite D-Plan songs now.  I
missed them when they toured with Death Cab For Cutie because it snowed
that day and I couldn't drive to Chicago.  Oh well, such is life.

I'm done with school now, which is good because I don't have to deal with
silly things like finals anymore, and those have pretty much dominated the
last few days for me.  Now I get to look forward to summer, which I'm
spending right here in Minnesota.  A bunch of my friends will be in town,
and many of them will have cars so trips to the Cities will be plentiful.
It's not Chicago but it's acceptable.

I heard _Storytelling_ for the first time a few days ago.  I wasn't
expecting too much out of it, since it's a soundtrack and I heard from lots
of critics that the movie sucked.  Although I did like "Wandering Alone"
when they played it at the Chicago show.  But the songs were actually
really good, and I guess as a whole the record exceeded my expectations
even though the spoken bits are stupid.  Now I just need to wait until
Friday when I get my paycheck so I can actually buy it...

I'm also happy because my World Cup teams are doing well.  I'm following
three closely; South Africa because I'm studying it to get my degree,
Ireland because it runs in my blood, and the U.S. because I live here.  The
U.S. plays tonight, of course, and per tradition I'll be slaughtering my
sleep schedule to stay up until 3:30 watching it.  This has become a ritual
for me of late; that Mexico-Ecuador game last night was better than I
thought it might be after the first half when nothing happened.  anyway.

I'm getting longwinded.  So much for brief introductions.  ^_^;

--kevin