Sinister: COS JERSEY's WHERE AMERICA'S AT

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Mon Jun 10 21:23:53 BST 2002

You know "Storytelling" the album? someone told me they'd downloaded it from
one of those interweb sites and listened to it and it wasn't that good. In
fact he bandied round phrases like "The Least Good B&S Album". But you know
what, I went and bought it the other day, and I love it. I love
"Storytelling" the album too. It has nice soundtracky piano/harmonica driven
bits, and some songs that are very nice to listen to. What is odd about it,
and maybe the cause of its not being liked that much in certain quarters, is
that a lot if it doesn't really sound that much like B&S. I mean, it isn't
full of Stuart Murdoch sung tracks about unpleasant things that happened to
him at school, say. And the whole world of instrumentals is a bit of a leap
for our favourite band.

No, I like this record. Soundtracky records are often seen as being a bit
wallpapery, but this has nice music to lose yourself in. I wonder why Todd
Solonz used so little of it in his film, which I've never seen.

Incidentally, the downloader decided on subsequent listens that actually
"Storytelling" is a good record. Probably because he is a complete and utter
dirtwad.

In other news, The Pinefox is still coming to Dublin. I reckon we'll be
going to The Palace on Camden Street on Sunday, although if you are planning
on coming along I recommend mailing me off-list so I'll let you know what's
happening. Apparently the Pinefox fancies himself as a bit of a scrapper, so
if you fancy a fight the Palace is the place to go.

praise Tobit.

the Dirty Vicar