Sinister: Beating Topic To Death

Jill Henkels supergirl918 at xxx.com
Wed Jun 12 02:03:48 BST 2002

i've found myself in a somber mood perhaps brought on by my broken cable
box.  i am left only to put my brain into motion; love seems to be the
general topic to ponder this tuesday evening:

love is hard to accept: it seems rather unlikely to be a win-win situation.
in the end, at minimum one soul will be left bruised; at least four bruised
souls are left in my past, including my own. i must refuse such situations
again. i do not believe myself to be uncommon enough to find the feeling
that doesn't eventually become lacking. i shall, instead, rely upon the love
received from and given to my books and music (sebastian & belle, of
course). it is safe; they do not leave or react to the love: they only
accept. it's a very self-reliant love; kind of like masturbation for the
heart. no one gets hurt. interaction with other people brings only
conversation about such love and accidental and fumbling physical bumping
into's brought on by necessity and/or alcohol.

if people are meant to walk in pairs, then it seems reasonable to assume
that each individual equals a half. i think that, perhaps, i represent
slightly less than a half. i must find someone slightly more than their fair
share in order to feel comfortable as one. such people are rare. without
this exceptional human being, both sides are left feeling incomplete,
searching for that missing piece. they soon realize that the puzzle pieces
are slightly misfitted.

i once fell in love with another less than half: disastrous repercussions.
brought on by the realization that the other only represented half, both
sides were only made less than they already were.

a boy recently, when asked for his reaction toward me, responded that he
found me "damn cute. i'm still deciding if that's good or not." if history
repeats itself, and it always does, it is not, for i shall soon steal his
smile.

time to go wash my toes in the fountain,
jillianne