Sinister: miss idleberry's ever-enlarging above-neck appendage, other things.

michael grant dangerous_mike at xxx.com
Thu Jun 13 17:41:29 BST 2002

i dont want to give miss idleberry a big head by being written about for two
posts in a row, but i cant help it. and if it helps, i thought of it before
mister richard cottyn, i promise. i did.
(and also for miss idles, congrats on passing your theory test).

anyway, miss idleberry's post was damn near perfect. she said...

"Do you suppose that the middle aged men, in middle management, who prepare
endless streams of reports for their collegues to read, that seem to be
about the most mindless o things, ever really wanted to be there?"

and

"What happens to your dreams?
And if your dreams die, what replaces them? And how do
people cope with dead dreams?"

when do people lose that desire to do what they want, and accept that
they'll be stuck in an office for the rest of their lives? ive still got it.
i hope. i might be being naive, but i still have the belief that i'll do
what i want in the end. not that i have any idea what that is at the moment,
but that's irrelevant. i never understood the people at school who plan to
be lawyers, or accountants, or engineers. is that really their passion? can
they get excited about, and by, these things? i can't imagine it. that's
probably just me though, unable to see why anyone would want to be different
from the way i am. (which is a good point. i was looking in the mirror
yesterday wondering why i dont get more sex, because i am very pretty. i do
often wonder if my extreme love for myself is harmful. probably.)

and the rest of idle's post was great too. my sister and i used to sneak
into the big cupboard in the kitchen when our mum wasnt there and eat ice
magic straight out of the bottle. and if that wasnt there, we'd have
raspberry ice-cream sauce. we were a mischievous bunch.

mister jay said....

"Nobody in Belle and Sebastian ever seems to mention the heat, do they?"

well, i'm going to guess that's because b&s are from scotland. being there
myself, and having witnessed it raining heavily in the middle of june (i.e.
today), i can safely say it's not very hot. ever.

mister ken chu is a flippin' genius.....

>Aye, no bother boss. I've now added a few 10 second sound clip fillers to
>the
>album - it's now 2 minutes longer than before!!! Aren't I clever? It's got
nothing
>to do with trying to give a background on what the songs were written for
>at
all.

this week i have mostly been listening to:

maher shalal hash baz - from a summer to another summer
ballboy - all the records on the radio are shite
radiohead - live bootleg
royal tenenbaums soundtrack
the moldy peaches.

cant think of much else to say. i should be making mister breams pubnic on
saturday, so hopefully see some of you there.

michael.xx

"get out of your apartment. meet a member of the opposite sex. stop the
excessive shopping and masturbation. quit your job. start a fight. prove
your alive. if you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic." -
tyler durden.