Sinister: He's in love with rock n' roll. woah.

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Fri Jun 14 00:52:30 BST 2002

I'm wired on nicotine and caffiene right now, so please excuse me.

A little while ago, I was at the record store I work at, visiting a friend.
There has been a picture of the band Phish up for ages near the counter.
Now, no offense to anyone, but I hate Phish.  I really do.  It's fucking
boring.  Everytime someone comes into the store and asks for Phish or
Widespread Panic, I go to my burned CD which features the Clash's "Mensforth
Hill" backwards and forwards.  I turn it on and play it loudly, just to
annoy them.  So anyway, today I got tired of the sight of the four guys from
phish, shirtless, looking back at me in some sort of glossy, wet state.  I
pulled it off, went out back, lit it on fire, and in a completely rock n'
roll fashion, lit my cigarette with it.  The point?  Well, there really
isn't one.  Except burning things is cool.  So everyone, I highly suggest
you burn something.

The hot, humid summer days in Southern Alabama continue to swelter as I sit
around with nothing to do.  However, it is nice to see the list in a
generally positive manner.  Even my dear friend Sara seems to be happy about
the way things are going.  And idles' brilliant post about childhood made me
very happy indeed.  My 40 year old british friend (from widnes!  that's my
content!) who works at the record store was lamenting today about how this
is all his life is.  I told him that nobody is ever going to be utterly
satisfied with their station in life for a very long time.  Is this true?
I've found it to be.  And It seems that way wherever I look.  If anyone can
tell me to the contrary, i'd absolutely adore you.

My record store sells "Storytelling" at $10.99.  Now, that's AMERICAN
dollars.  You know, REAL MONEY.  Not that fake kind you use in britain.
Pounds?  WTF??  i have a pound babe, and it DOESN'T weight a pound.  Metric
what?

Sorry.  The caffiene has taken hold.  I can feel it anyway.  It's in the
post.

Does anyone know if/when Isobel's Billie Holiday cover album is coming out?
If so, is it available in the states?  Does it have "Stars Fell on Alabama"
on it?  Or is that not Billie Holiday...hmm...

-Matt