Sinister: you go progressive disco house and i'll go my way

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Fri Jun 14 19:25:00 BST 2002

hello!

so:
- it's summer here! i'm even wearing sandals!
- i bought new music, including Dance Music!
- i went to a party last saturday night and Trans Am and !!! were
there!
- there's a band called !!!
- there's also a band called 'i am robot and proud'! (and they're
from toronto! and they're good even!)

how amazing is all that? yeah, i know.

so someone should remix 'scooby driver' and the other danceable songs
on storyingtelling and put them on a cd. or even make scooby driver
10 minutes long. then we could all put on white miniskirts and go-go
boots and !dance!. yeah! no, really, it's a good idea. i went to this
store in camden market that is full of that kind of thing,
clothingwise. oh, it's kind of annoying, yes, but also kind of fun. i
didn't buy anything, of course. but you can.

i really did have things to say. like contributing to the Topic of
Love, a sinister topic that, weaving snakelike through the forest,
comes and goes but is never forgotten. but, having written that, i'd
obviously rather contribute to the Topic of Being Unintentionally
Smutty. but who's kidding whom? it's summer! it's time for
Intentional Smut! it's really funny actually b/c it just got hot here
yesterday and i went to a poetry/storytelling reading thing and the
room was really hot and crowded and all the performers kept
commenting about how everyone in attendance was "gooood loookin'" and
sexy. and everyone suddenly was! yaay, summer!

hm, so that was good. but a crappy thing is that i came back from
holiday to find my favourite sushi restaurant closed! not just
closed, but boarded up and the phone number disconnected and no
forwarding address or anything! gone! and it was so close to my
house. i really am quite sad about it.

so, on saturday night i said, for some reason or another, 'fuck it,
fuck it with knives!' as i sometimes do in certain situations. but
this time i was actually around other people. and they were shocked!
i might have said 'them' instead of 'it'. but still. i tried to
explain how it wasn't *my* expression but came from, uh, an email
list i'm on, a belle and sebastian list, and, it's really not as bad
as it sounds... i think i started laughing and trailing off at the
same time. because to me it's not as bad as it sounds b/c i connect
it with sinister and belle and sebastian and i really think it's a
great thing to say if you're saying it in an abstract way, which is
the only way i've ever said it. *however*, whether a phrase is being
said in an 'abstract way' and not a direct and factual way is often
confusing to some people (notice i did not say 'dumb people'). 'it's
just something to say!', i used in my defense, 'like 'fuck this
shit!' calm down please, indie rockers!' and this was at a *trans am*
concert, of all places! i obviously have no idea what 'cool' is
anymore...

ha ha, i totally do.

anyway, the other day i read somewhere that 30 is the new 20. this
just serves to illustrate that everything in the entire world is
fictional. yes, it's all made up, what a surprise, etcetera,
etcetera. it's a good thing i never believed in anything to begin
with. (except for the power of love. i mean, smut.)

right now i am listening to a song that features a rave whistle. yet
somehow the song is really good. yeah, so did you hear that 27 is the
new 16? agh... i'm going to go put on some black-light clothing now
and a glow-in-the-dark tongue stud... (but i must admit that i bought
the coolest sleeveless t-shirt in london: it's black and has the
green matrix design (yes, from the movie!) on the front and when it's
in blacklight parts of the matrix glow and it looks like it's
*moving*! oooh!)

among other things which will go nameless until i get tonnes of email
back from people about how much they love music they can dance to, i
bought the new mum cd. and it is quite nice indeed. though lately
when i get home i put on sasha's xpander really loud. then i listen
to some other things. then i eat something. then i go out and watch
the football. in there somewhere i go to work. i have no idea what is
going on with my life.

so today my alarm clock either didn't go off or did and i chose not
to hear it - i woke up to see 9:07 staring back at me. so i lept out
of bed in a panic and then realized that, by some stroke of good
luck, *nobody cares when i get to work*. so i cooked some sausages up
and ate them in a leisurely manner. with toast and tea, of course.

way too much tedium and not enough smut, i know. next time = better.
robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC