Sinister: The fumblings of a shy girl

Jill Henkels supergirl918 at xxx.com
Mon Jun 17 00:58:35 BST 2002

Oh how quickly she returns after tasting the sweetness out of the nursery
for the first time...

last week i had the pleasure of attending an elbow/doves appearence in the
fine city of minneapolis, minnesota, usa.  eagerly anticipating the event, i
arrived early as some novice to concerts would (which i promise, i am far
from).  much to my disappointment, those in charge at this get together
failed to recognize me (as i am unmistakeable with my brown hair, 5'9 frame,
and glasses) and forced me to wait in line with the casual music listeners.
scoff.  i muttered that they would feel rather embarrassed when someone
whispered my status to them.

arriving to a show solo tends to generate some buzz; i think that it makes
others uncomfortable to think it possible for one to feel entirely
entertained standing alone.  the reaction to such an event breeds two
results:  1. people will push/shove away from the individual in fear that
the "loneliness" will spread; and 2. they feel responsible to awaken the
individual to her obvious state of loneliness and will save her by asking
her ridiculous questions such as "so...are these guys any good?"  well, of
course you fool, i did, afterall, buy a ticket unlike yourself who won your
pass accidentally while trying to score tics to a disturbed performance.
and so, i was left alone again.

(the bands were nice, but this is not part of the story.)

for the doves performance, i elected to view from the back. i spotted a boy
sulking next to a pole and was instantly drawn to him. he was a prime
example "eye candy" and was "all that and a bag of peanuts." i casually
arranged to be plastered next to him as the crowd surged. i resisted the
urge to run my hands through the mop of auburn curls and instead whispered
in his ear, "i must insist that you tell me whether you are sullen or simply
bored." "tired" he replied. never was such a word uttered by a more
beautiful creature! i had been proven wrong: love, it exists and will be
mine to own.  so i did what was only natural:  i casually rested my
fingertips on his knee and slowly slithered them up his thigh.  okay, so i
didn't really do that, but in my mind i did and it was great.

as the doves section came to a close (they were great, tight) the inevitable
decision had to be made: should i choose to casually walk out with the boy
of my dreams or rescue my petite bladder in the women's restroom. alas, the
bladder soundly defeated true love yet again. that's all right, he probably
doesn't like belle & sebastian anyhow.

whispers of goodness,
jillianne

ps. i have no quote but will research one for your enjoyment for my much
unanticipated next post.