Sinister: CHU're on top of the world ahhh-KEN!

Rachel fruitloop blind_lisa at xxx.com
Thu Jun 20 01:29:50 BST 2002

Hello Sinister!!!!
      I suppose it was Idleberry's post about teenage crushes and
rebellion and listening to Suede that has inspired me to post
today...and the fact that it's Andreea's birthday, Archel's birthday,
Ken's birthday is around here somewhere... so Happy Birthday to you
kids, and to anyone else who has a birthday coming up.

      Speaking of 'coming up', that brings me back to Suede...they
were a very important facet of my past, too. I know that other people
have posted about Suede occasionally as well. I've been thinking
about my experiences with them and I'm on the brink of doing
something productive with the materials I gathered along the way.
Mostly cos I watched 'Almost Famous' for the first time recently.  A
lot of friends were telling me that I should see the movie because it
reminded them of me being a Suede "band-aid."(which I was relieved to
find that it struck me as being complementary). It really would be a
sin to let all of the stories and the photos go to waste.  Now I
started thinking, who would really want to read a book about
following Suede around, besides Idleberry?  Maybe I just need to
start developing a story line based on incidents with Suede and other
Brit-poppers who passed through town combined into a fictitious band,
and the fans could be fictitious fans...but the greater vision I have
for this book is writing about the idea of growing up with music as
an anthem and how great it is to be young and feel invincible and
idealistic and how sometimes your naivety can be the most protective
shield you've got. Ignorance is bliss, they say. If I knew then what
I know now, I could have gotten into some serious trouble! I think
maybe I could write a good story. I'm no Cameron Crowe but I think
I'll give it a go eventually!

      At the age of 18, I was determined to marry Brett Anderson from
Suede.  I loved Idles' description of the Smash Hits stickers in her
journal with the gold-penned comments about Brett!  Just the other
day, the thought struck me that the idea of "marrying" Brett almost
ten years earlier was absolutely absurd. Especially considering that
since then I saw a completely different side of him, a very real
side, apart from the arse-slapping and the pouting. I see a
completely different side of marriage now, too. I couldn't imagine
Brett coming close to loving me enough to go through this whole
immigration process, in fact, I'm amazed that Ben Apps does cos it's
fairly extreme and very tedious.

      I think I would do things differently if I had to do this
Petitioning for my Alien Fiancé thing over again. I think I would
rather have had a "surprise marriage" and claim ignorance to the
immigration processes. We just found out that it will be about 3
months before my petition for Ben gets approved and sent to the
consulate in London.  There is no way we can stand to be apart for
nearly 3 more months (cue barf bags and violins).  So, as some of you
Londoners know, Ben will be on his way to California tomorrow, to
visit for 2 months. He is sad to be missing the weekend's events. But
I'm selfish, so I am VERY excited by this (and really, I know that
he's excited, too!) I can't wait to see him, I love him so much I
could just explode! Especially since he's bringing his 'Storytelling'
cd and I don't have it yet! There's my b&s content! And on that note,
let's just say smell ya later!

love (& poison?),
Rachel fruitloop

P.S.¡VIVA RACHELS!