Sinister: they also serve, who stand and wait

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Sat Jun 22 12:45:55 BST 2002

you know, there's been all this talk of dreams. When I was younger my big
dream was to become a published author or more particularly a performed
playwright. And I will do it one day, I just haven't got round to writing
anything yet.

Idleberry mentioned people who work in middle management or chartered
accountancy, and wondered if they ever dreamed of so doing, and how it's bad
to let your dreams of lion-taming end up in a job in accounts payable. I
think that's maybe slightly unfair. I mean, you can't define a person's
entire life by what they do for a living. Maybe they make a packet of money
working in middle management, which they have used to fund their
long-running dream of climbing Mount Everest. Or maybe they have realised
their dream of starting a family, and in order to provide for them properly
they have scaled back on their dream of never washing and juggling for a
living.

My current dream is to go the Glastonbury music festival, which it looks
like I will be achieving next Wednesday. I may see some of you there.

bless you all,

DV