Sinister: 'i spent this afternoon nostalgic for this morning'

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Tue Jun 25 01:08:34 BST 2002

hi sinister,

lately it is all about jazz musics b/c it is jazz festival time in
vancouver. i saw ken vandermark & school days for *free* yesterday
outdoors in the sunshine and it was great. (and a nice change from
*sleeping most of saturday* due to football/soccer watching fatigue.
almost... over...) but jazz, yeah.

new things: i bought new headphones finally - holy cow, what's that?
is that *bass*? is that *a broad range of sound*? etc. i urge people
to buy decent headphones (www.headphone.com has good advice) i only
bought a pair of koss portapros, but hell, so much better than crappy
sony earbuds that came with my walkman. plus these ones look all
early 80s, oooh. also i picked up a lucksmiths cd called 'where were
we?' which is 'an assortment of recordings 1999-2001'. yes, but so i
opened it up and there's a photo of a sign from right here in
vancouver on commercial drive! one of my favourite signs too. it's
about haircuts. but it's weird to see such a familiar sight in the
inside cover of a cd of an australian band that i love. well, they
did spend some time here last year, but still! weird! and i bought a
red&white striped tanktop b/c it was $10, cute and makes me happy.

my favourite part of idleberry's email was about her friend with the
school uniform and briefcase and how "She went on to become an
arttherapist, and lives in Birmingham now, working with kids." wow.
that paragraph (which was in parentheses) was an amazing short short
story. yaay, idleberry!
and lindsey wrote "and in one of those books, i want a spider,
pressed between pages like a flower."
and that you compared a crushed spider to a flower and it came out
lovely. whoa. this is just good. yes, so maybe i've been thinking too
much lately, but you both got a few tears out of me and i'm not
really the teary type. not for the past couple years anyway. don't
know what's going on lately.
i think it means i need to look more at things like this. oh. yes.
http://world.honda.com/robot/

why is it that one can feel so up one day and so down the next? why
is it that we're always asking this question? gar. ah, but new things
con't: i bought herrmann & kleine's 'our noise' and it is happy
bloopy-blorpy summery noise :)
robyn

"I take whoas and awesomes as far deeper criticism than your average
'a radical departure from the mosh-metal norm' or 'groundbreaking,
ambitious, and ultimately essential,' since the latter is
demonstrably easy to do but a decent 'whoa' is notoriously tough to
fake." - http://www.lastplanetojakarta.com

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC