Sinister: Peter's wish is my command

Michael Vance michael at xxx.com
Wed Jun 26 19:21:10 BST 2002

On Wednesday, June 26, 2002, at 07:48  AM, daf_moore at btinternet.com
wrote:

> http://www.buro9.com/forum/showthread.php?s=0a2bc255b7e86b79930a2f539fca9f28&
> threadid=1971

I haven't gotten any work done for the last hour. And while we're not
supposed to talk about the list on the list... "Sinister-envy"? Am I
daft? To think that people envy us at all, or even think of us. Which
reminds me of a story.

I was dating a girl in seventh grade (Lord, I'm old now, and none of you
wished me a happy birthday) and for Valentine's Day I gave her a teddy
bear and a dead rose, only it was supposed to be alive (and there were
supposed to be a dozen) but things didn't turn out that way. We broke
up, as thirteen year olds should, and then many years later, five to be
almost exact, a friend of mine was dating this same girl. And he
mentioned she had this bear and that she said I had given it to her. How
nice, I thought, and then mentioned that I really hadn't talked to her
in years even though we were in all the same classes. My friend said it
was because she thought that I hated her because she wasn't smart. This
was laughable for several reason. One, that she even remembered I
existed. Two, that she would think I hate (what a word) her. Three, that
it was because she isn't smart. She was in fact quite intelligent (she
was in my classes, right? snicker!), and beyond that, an incredibly
talented piano player. A lovely girl. And who would be such an elitist
prick anyway (surely not I).

Isn't life strange?

And then Ben Apps mentioned a picnic, and no one asked LA sinister
people, but it they had, I would have recommended Echo Park so that we
could go paddle boat riding.

Oh well.

m.

--