Sinister: So it appears time to grow up...

lucasjames at xxx.com lucasjames at xxx.com
Thu Jun 27 17:56:05 BST 2002

In my 20th year I discovered I was everywhere I wanted
to be and apparently that was nowhere by greater
standards.  I studied film for a few years becuase
everything else was bullshit and I decided at least I
could watch movies, only to then become a philosophy
major.  So here I am, next year I will graduate and be
thusly thrust into a world that apparently doesn't care
for my type, a songwriter by nature since I was a boy,
early on I realized not that that would take me nowhere
but that the majority of the people that it does take
anywhere are completely false, made of fake parts with
"images" and what not.  No one really cares for the
trueness of a songwriter, one who doesn't care if you
like it but hopes the more you listen that maybe, just
maybe you will connect with that human aspect that
seems to be far lost in much of todays, art, music,
whatever, no one wants reality and truth, we'd rather
look at someone we could never be and if we were, we
would most likely hate being.
  So I took to philosophy, big deal, no chance I can
help the world as it is too far gone, I just want to
prepare myself for whatever is next but in the meantime
I can't tell if I'm wasting my time or not?  Many seem
to think I am but I feel released from so many of the
standard rules of the world that I must've gotten
somewhere, nonetheless it hasn't much helped my work
ethics.
   So I ask of you all a favour, if there is any of you
that is happy, or even satisfied, doing something you
love or respect or anything of that sort, please send
me some advice.  Unlike everything I've been told I
know there must be careers, jobs, whatever out there
that are skewed from the center so that people like me
who can't accept the big 15 (business, marketing,
etc...(Cog in a machine work)), can continue our
searching and not be too miserable or bored along the
way. I guess I'm asking the little guy, the minority to
tell me what he does for a living, because to some
degree we all have to do something to eat, so there
must be some other options, I would love to hear any of
these options at all, Give me some ideas because the 15
that have been presented to me leave me little hope.
All I need are some ideas of what I could do that
wouldn't kill me.  Lucas James

Lucasjames at bolt.com