Sinister: This is immunity for virus X. I hope you would enjoy it.

John Jennings john at xxx.uk
Sat Jun 29 22:53:47 BST 2002

i'm sick of getting emails that say things like that. everyone keeps
trying to send me viruses... i'm not sure what i've done to offend
them... maybe it was subliminal or in a past life... its not gonna work
anyway cos i use netscape not outlook. so there.

i've been in south wales for a couple of days. and very nice it was too.
i tried to find some people who could speak welsh ("i've been learning
your bluddy language so we're bluddy well going to talk welsh
alright??!") but failed miserably (dammit)... i bought some welsh books
from whsmith ('horrible histories' no less) and a gorkys albums from a
lovely little shop in cardiff... the 'introducing' album... its actually
a compilation of tracks, all of which i already own, but i felt as
though i ought to buy something and the prospect of buying more gorkys
music was too exciting; gorky's are utterly brilliant, i occasionally
forget and then rediscover them...

and then, after the exciting exploits of the last few days, i've just
spent the last 15 minutes trying to get cat vomit out of the carpet. sigh...

idles was talking about hayfever and just to annoy her i am now going to
offer my diagnosis... i was prescribed loratadine but doctors aren't
allowed to prescribe that anymore for some reason so i was put on
desloratadine which is crap. so then he put me on some different drug
(ciritizine??) which made no difference whatsoever. and then my nice
doctor prescribed steroids or something. and they don't seem to have
made a big difference either so i've resorted to high doses of
decongestants and keeping my eyes closed. i'm a wee bit scared of my
doctor, he appears to have no sense of humour whatsoever... if you try
to crack a joke or say something to raise a smile he just looks at you
blankly which makes you feel really stupid. he probably thinks i'm insane.

i know i'm supposed to mention b&s somewhere in here... haven't been
listening to them recently though... i've gone off storytelling quite a
bit... hopefully they'll be on glastonbury coverage though... erm... dum
de dum....

who knows why i pressed the 'compose' button.
i apologise.

JP

---
www.ilonline.co.uk