Sinister: isobel, big brother, stevie wonder, flirting, b&s, porn, and more.

michael grant theres_too_much_love at xxx.com
Sun Jun 30 03:52:14 BST 2002

HEY SINISTER!

it's 2am and i feel like staying up late, so you're probably gonna get a
long rambling post out of my insomnia, (is it still insomnia if you've just
finished off a 2litre bottle of coke? didn't think so). i shall try my best
to have headings where possible so you can skip parts that are of no
interest to you.

ISOBEL
------
nobody seems to be missing her much. which is bad. she was lovely. i liked
her voice. i loved her cello. i urge you all to go back and play your b&s
records, and try and imagine them without the cellos pieces. the songs would
be much less without her, and although i'm sure they will continue to make
great music without her, i for one will miss her presence greatly. *sniff*
and damn, is she sexy?! ;-)

BIG BROTHER
-----------
Kieran Devaney said:
"Another thing which has been puzzling me .... is the continuing popularity
of that ‘Big Brother’ show"

sorry. im an addict. i do admit that it's less entertaining than the
previous two series, but i still watch it. i like to laugh at stupid people.
i like to bitch about people i'll never meet. i like to watch kate in her
bikini. i like to shout abuse at tim. and jade. and adele. and tim some
more. (the ginger, arrogant twat.)
i don't watch eastenders, or hollyoaks, or any of that crap. big brother is
the same sort of thing, except you dont have to put up with the shitty
acting. it's trash tv, but it's addictive because over the 64 days you get a
feel for these people. you dont have to waste time judging different people
every day (like trisha, for example), you can just pick up your ill-formed
prejudices from the day before.

oh, and i AM allowed to be nasty to these people, because they put
themselves in there, knowing the public scrutiny that comes with it. if i
was to meet them on the 'outside', id probably give them a bit more of a
chance, but i will never meet these people, so i shall continue to judge
them and laugh at them and shout hateful slogans at them. that's the point
of the show.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
vilkas talked about lots of things. one was rediscovering albums. i did that
this week with stevie wonder's talking book. i used to dismiss it as
'superstition' [which mister john played at nationalpopleague yesteday.
marvellous.] and some other songs, and it was neglected many-a-time in
favour of innervisions. but, having regained both albums last week, having
been on-loan for quite a while, i have been totally overwhelmed by the
brilliance of the songs on talking book. go buy it. it's simply outstanding.
i believe, you and i, blame it on the sun, are all fantastic tunes. stevie
wonder is a gifted crafter of songs.

she also talked about being a 'socialite' and a 'serial flirter', but still
not being able to find a honey.
"Fuck all that. Meeting people is easy. Teehee. But when it comes to
l-o-v-e, I shrink back into my turtle shell. Why do i do this? It drives me
up the fuckin wall!"

i know exactly what you mean. i am THE serial flirter. take last night at
pop league for example. i licked miss juicy lucy's sweat right off my pint
glass, (you don't want to know how it got there, trust me), i played footsie
with miss carey, i got hip-shakingly funky with mister ally cook, and i even
got the dj to strip (slightly). and it doesnt stop there. gav was so
infatuated with me, he even drew my portrait, and lord keith of edinburgh
kept writing down his phone number for me. ;o)
but even with all this major flirting action, there's still no 'proper'
action for ickle mikey. so if there are any hot sinister ladies (or former
members of glasgow indie bands with ample behinds and lots of newly-found
spare time) who want to instigate some inter-list smut action with my good
self, drop me a line. thanks. otherwise, this massive flirt-a-thon will just
keep on going, and i dont want to know what'll happen if it's still here
when 'big, hot' mark casserole gets across the border next week.

finally, vilkas said:

"Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt
Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt
Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt
Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt
Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt
Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt
Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt Cunt."

i like that word. it's possibly the only swear word that still retains that
sense of taboo. which is the whole point of swear words, surely? it's still
the only word i can't say in front of my mum.

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN
-------------------
that huge vomit-inducing shitbag of a cuntmonkey, mister robertson said:
"Our heroes Stuart and Richard will be guests on BBC Liquid News tonight on
BBC Choice at 8PM."

so, anybody see it? can't seem to find any mention of it on the bbc website.
i missed it and was hoping to find out if it was going to be repeated, but
cant find a darn thing. and did anyone actually record it for our favourite
foul-mouthed management guru? or have we finally reached our limit, and are
refusing to do favours for that horrid, rude little man? :o)

FUNNY THINGS
------------

marriana's www.theonion.com link was hilarious, especially....

"In 1982, the company introduced "Shakes McJunkie," an emaciated addict who
robbed characters of their possessions, which he then sold to buy McDonald's
shakes. He was later reworked as "The Machead," a homeless, wild-eyed Big
Mac addict who turned to panhandling and gay prostitution as a means of
supporting his severe burger habit."

flippin' genius.

as is this....

http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199804/msg00003.html

just clicked on the search button on the sinister homepage 'cos i was
interested by the word 'porn'. i love those random search words. you find
such gems in the dark distant vaults of the sinister archives. you don't
want to know what comes up if you enter 'stuart murdoch' and 'leather'. but
just in case, you better know that one of the entries that appears is by a
certain miss genevieve. hmmmm.....

there are LOADS of fun things i want to say. more about pop league, about
the belle and sebastian gig, about me, about books..... and so on, but it's
now 3.30 and im going to bed. i shall probably return tomorrow if i can't
think of anything more fun to do, and bore you to tears once again.

but before i got, i think i have earned the right to do some shameless
promotion, on behalf of others, all of this parish though.

if you live in (or near) glasgow, and you like indie, go here:

if you like the national pop league, and perhaps want look at a blurry photo
of me dancing, or maybe play five-a-side football, go here:

if you would like information about the winchester club, go here:

right, goodbye. stay smutty.

michael.xx

ps - a quick get well soon shout out to miss idles and anyone else suffering
in the summer weather. i like your idea of popping off to alaska for a
month. think the nhs would pay for it? always worth a try.

"get out of your apartment. meet a member of the opposite sex. stop the
excessive shopping and masturbation. quit your job. start a fight. prove
your alive. if you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic." -
tyler durden.