Sinister: I love you my farfisa

Tom Pettinger tompettinger at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 1 16:51:26 GMT 2002

Hello all. Here is the pastiche. Unfortunately it is rather epic and pretty
much about offbeat me and the list and isn't has good as it could have been,
but...eh, what'ya gonna do.
I think it should scan quite well if sung along to "Expectations". By the
way, the subject refers to the b-side of a rather good single by
electrelane, if any of you like retro organ noise they are worth ear room.

"Monday morning, wake up: cup of tea
Some marmite on some toast
Can't face school just yet I'll tell you what,
I'll go and read some posts,
But before you know it hours fly by
I really should be there,
but I'm still at my 'pooter eating toast
and in my underwear...

Wednesday morning, looks like I've still got
A lot of work to do
But it won't get done because right now
I'm reading posts by *you*,
I love you all unless you're careless
and you churn out list abuse
even then it's quite amusing
and to someone it's some use...

Hey, you're abused
I don't mind, I think it's fine
Send a mixtape to a friend
soon he will know I'm insane... and I'm posting toss aga-ain...

Friday morning, wake up knowing that
it's Offbeat night tonight,
tell your friends what to expect
I think they're going to see the light
Do you want to come and dance to indie
and be one of them
treading on the cat as you crash home
at just past 2 a.m...

Friday evening sees us walking through
the student union halls,
get to Offbeat, there's already sweat
condensing on the walls
get a drink and then I wander round
start looking for a stool-
I start to dance-even though it makes me look a fool...

Next day morning, wake up its a challenge
getting out of bed
Only marmite toast and tea can help me
clear this fuzzy head
Write to sinister and bore them with a
self absorbed pastiche
The only words I know to rhyme with that are
Micro-fiche and quiche...

Hey, you're abused
I don't mind, I think it's fine
Send a mixtape to a friend
soon he will know I'm insane... and I'm posting toss aga-ain...

And you know who i am
so why start to read this spam?
If you hate it, don't complain,
Soon you will learn not to read