Sinister: the sneezing has arrived

Caitlin Pigtails wpsalt at xxx.com
Mon Mar 4 20:00:25 GMT 2002

Yes, it's that hayfeverish time of year again already.  Time for all
those mad sneezing fits.  I used to get told off at school for sneezing
too loudly; the teachers were just embarrassed because I'd made them
jump.

This B&S Treasure Hunt thing looks quite exciting, but I probably won't
do very well because I'm not very good at anagrams.  If I watch
Countdown, I'm lucky to get a four-letter word.

[insert Countdown clock music here]

Last time I posted, I said I'd seen a fox.  I saw it again this
weekend.  It looked to have a rabbit or something in its mouth.  It
didn't see I was there.  It looked left and right, and went under a
train.

Speaking of daytime TV quiz shows, I got very excited watching Fifteen
To One the other week.  OK, people who don't watch British telly can
pretty much skip this.  I got excited watching Fifteen To One on
Friday, because I recognised the winner, from a documentary that was
shown about her on TV several years ago.  When she was 14 (or 13 maybe,
I can't remember) she ran away from home at 5 in the morning.  She was
very organised; she had booked herself a taxi to get to the railway
station just in time for the first train to London.  She was inspired
by Levellers lyrics.

No, silly, it wasn't a *moving* train.  As far as I know, Mr Fox is
still alive.

The documentary was all about her parents' efforts tracking her down,
interviewing homeless teenagers in London and York and lots of other
places that I don't remember.  They didn't find her.  They said, we'll
keep on looking, but it all seemed hopeless.  Six months later, she
came home of her own accord.  I hope she's not on Sinister.

For some reason, that documentary was inspirational to me when I was a
slightly-disturbed teenager.  I dreamed of tracking her down and saying
"why?"

Maybe there are foxes prowling round my house at night.  There probably
are; I live in the city after all.  Hopefully, they won't try to attack
the cat.  I lie in bed at night and hear cats yowling and dogs barking,
but I never hear foxes.  I like to think that the world is still going
on around me when I lie in bed.  It's comforting.  The world goes on.
Never mind about TV quiz shows.  The world goes on.

xx
caitlin