Sinister: Kissing Nick Valensi and other everydaythings.

Astrid Wiezell astrid.wiezell at xxx.se
Tue Mar 5 17:23:05 GMT 2002

Ah YES, the concert last nite was absolute fucking brilliant! I am of ocurse talking about the strokes´ gig in Stockholm, oh man! I was at the front and in the middle, so the pressure was quite hard but what the fuck, it´s the strokes, i love the strokes!

they did a perfect performance throughout, wow, it was the tightest band i´ve ever seen! they played so well, it sounded really good but still they maintained that live and raw feeling so that no one would say "oh, right, it sounded like the record". Stereo Total was the support act, they were really sweet!

After playing a ramones bootleg to the anticipating crowd, Cyndi Lauper´s "Girls just wanna have fun" started. It was so funny! We all started singing along and dancing, it is a great song for dancing .Then they came out.

After the show, we were supposed to get backstagepasses, but it was all a big mess-up, and we didn´t get any. But we went to the back entrance instead, me & Amanda, and we stood there a while with some other people, maybe five or six of them. We were just going to get the bus when I hear a voice saying "Hold on guys, we´ll be down in a minute!" and the person saying it is Julian Casablancas, sticking his head out the window. we all waited a while, and then Albert Hammond Jr came out, signed our stuff, and me and Amanda posed on a photo with him. After that, I talked to a nice security guard, he was a bit scary, but when I saw that he was holding a packet of chocolate chip cookies i talked to him for a while. Then Fab Moretti, who we saw earlier came out and i got a kiss and a hug. Then we waited forever (at least it felt like that!) for Julian, who came out, and he was so nice! Amanda, who´s 13 is obsessed with him, and I really wanted him to be nice to her, becuase i knew how disappointed she would be elsehow, but he was almost the nicest! Heposed with us, and he gave Amanda a kiss and signed lots of stuff for her. She´s still in heaven, hehe. But then I turned around, and Nick stood there, and I, the cissy I am, said "OHMYGOD!" and he just smiled at me and said hello. I got a kiss and a hug and then one more kiss because "it was so nice", so yes, I am still in heaven. Nikolai was a real sweetie, but incredibly shy. I, by accident, told him that I have the biggest crush on him. The only thing I could think of was "I´d better not tell him, don´t tell him, DON´T TELL HIM!!" and what do I do? I tell him. It was really embarrassing but I got a kiss and a hug from him too. Ah yes.

I´m sorry. I´m just writing this because I feel so happy and all that. Yesterday, the normal, everydayAstrid became StarfuckerAstrid, haha.

Oh but anyway,
shy girls never get to kiss beautiful boys.

And yes, the strokes are very beautiful boys.

Bless.

I can´t wait til Belle & Sebastian now, it´s exactly 2 weeks left now. Eeek, eek, eek!

Take care all of you, and sorry of this, even more than usual, totally egocentric post..

LOVE,

Astrid x