Sinister: mainly manchester monkey meetup news

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Wed Mar 6 15:02:53 GMT 2002

hey sinistereenies,

 you know the treasure hunt thingie well someone i know saw stuart
m on the metrolink in manchester and asked him what he was doing and
he said he was laying clues for a treasure hunt. unfortunately at the
time i didn't know about it and so couldn't find out any details (and
i wasn't there anyway) but i thought it was cute that he was doing it
himself. my boyfriend decided that it must be hidden in bury because
that would be a witty pun on buried treasure (geddit) but then we
realised bury is quite big, ie its a town and so it would be pretty
difficult to find a trophy there.

 the real point of the post...

***manchester meetup news***

conclusions i have come to so far...

 i would very much like to drag everyone out to chorlton for a
picnic, (as its where i live and you never know when you might
bump into members of alfie / the charlatans) but it is a bus ride out
of the city centre and i presume people will be arriving at different
times so it wouldn't be practical for me to shepherd everyone.
  so i have decided that we'll have to stay in the city centre. this
more or less rules out a traditional picnic, but you never know...

  to proceed further i could do with knowing approximate-ish times
people will make it into manchester and how they will be getting here
because if everyone is coming to picadilly station i can arrange to
loiter there for a bit. i know the gig isn't for a while, but if you
could at least say "lunchtime, train," or "evening, car" i'd be
grateful.
 also if anyone has any real objections to spending the
greater part of the afternoon in pubs speak now or you may be
disappointed, unless you have a fantastic idea for something sparkly
and new to do in which case also tell me know and i'll arrange it....