Sinister: they paved paradise and put up a condominium

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Wed Mar 6 19:30:28 GMT 2002

sinister!

i saw the moldy peaches last night! they were awesome! adam was
wearing all girls' clothing - his jeans seemed to be string-bean-jean
jeans they were so tight. they smiled quite a lot near the end, which
was fun. daniel johnston opened for them, but i only saw the last 5
minutes of it because the show started at before 9 o'clock. what?!
grr. so i was a bit bummed by that. but after the show i saw him
outside being thoroughly confused when people were asking him to pose
with them for photos. so he posed with them and then grabbed his two
2-litre bottles of mountain dew and took off.

ha ha, i like how hannah called me robert fadden. a legit mistake,
yes, but while i am on the rob/roberts/robi/yns mixtape challenge
team, i am in fact a robyn and, gasp, a *girl*. i mean, a *woman*.
sometimes us with the ambiguous names have to set it straight in the
androgenous medium of email. (there are so many possible
double-entendres in that sentence i don't even want to think about
it, etc.) but i do like it when girls have boys names, so if you
want, hey, call me robert. names are weird things.

*anyway*, a club here in vancouver called the starfish room was
bulldozed about a month ago to make way for a condo. this was sad
because even though the club had really bad airbrushed murals on its
walls, it was still the place of so many good shows. so i'm reading
the weekly entertainment paper on saturday and being weirded out by
all the condo ads (vancouver is condo crazy; it's gross) and i come
across one particularly weird one with a big picture of people
kissing and notice that it has the same address as the starfish room.
it was sad. those bastards move quick.

i also saw gorky's zygotic mynci on the weekend and that was great.
they can make a nice big wall of noise that actually makes you quite
happy. probably b/c it's followed by a melodic song, but still, fun.
and i went to a cd release party for a local band called young and
sexy, who are also great. they even have a song called 'the city you
live in is ugly'. it's kind of a bittersweet song, i mean, vancouver
is a beautiful city b/c of the mountains/ocean/greenery, but it does
stupid things like put up a thousand ugly glass condos, etc. it's
just really weird this place. maybe b/c i grew up here. but maybe all
places are weird in different ways.

oh, the insight. i should get back to work.
robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC