Sinister: From my window I will shut my eyes and let go

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Fri Mar 8 16:29:22 GMT 2002

By accident, you put
your money in my
machine (#4)
By accident, I put
my money in another
machine (#6)
On purpose, I put
your clothes in the
empty machine full
of water and no
clothes.

It was lonely.

-- Richard Brautigan

I couldn't come up with a witty, charming, or endearing introduction to this
post which will also be neither witty, charming nor endearing so I figured
if I began with Brautigan y'all would all be so relieved that it all wasn't
Richard's renderings* you wouldn't be so disappointed in my own meager
ramblings. Tehehe.

Though I haven't read any of the clues or tried in any way to keep up to
date on the Treasure Hunt sponsored by the band, I think it's a great idea.
I love Scavenger Hunts!! (As you will find out if you have the misfortune of
being at my house during your birthday where I make you run around in order
to get your presents and you get to bask in my ability to try and rhyme
"boxes" with "obnoxious.") I always thought it would be great to make a guy
go on one before he goes out with me on date. He would come to pick me up
but instead of finding me -- he'd just get a clue on where to look for me.
Of course, I would be at the end with a large box of chocolates just in case
halfway through he realizes that I'm really not worth it and I have to eat
them all by myself. I never liked him anyway, the bastard.

I finally met a Belle & Sebastian fan that wasn't from Sinister. He had bad
hair. Actually, he had four people's bad hair all on one head. It was quite
tragic, as you can imagine. The meeting happened when I infiltrated the
hippie stronghold last month (Actually, Katy says the hippie's stronghold is
coffee but that makes them sound normal so we'll just omit that line of
thinking.) He and Miss "Dorothy Parker Makes Me Want To Drink Bathtub Gin,
Have A Bad Love Affair, And Attempt Suicide In That Order" Katy pasteurize
together. (I was quite to despondent to learn that "pasteurize" wasn't a
euphemism for anything.)  She was giving us a lovely tour of dairy section
of the barn where there were huge metal machines with lots of thermometer
gadgets attached. (Yes, thermometer gadgets. Am I dazzling you with my
technical terms here?) when I realized that Dog On Wheels was playing in the
background. I remember once someone tried to start a thread of unusual
places to hear Belle & Sebastian so I'm officially entering my "Dairy Barn
in Western Massahoweveryouspellit" ballot. And I can promise you that one
day in spring I won't be taking Mr. Tragic him down to the road, unless it's
to get a drastic hair cut.

your saucy slattern,
Laura
"meeting all of your laura llew needs since 1977"

* Yes, Paul, that was aimed at you.