Sinister: my treasure hunting days are over

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Tue Mar 12 15:03:40 GMT 2002

Madeleine McNeil said:
>>What does one occupy one's mind with while swimming up and down and up and
>>down the pool? <<

Whenever I go swimming my mind is occupied with trying to stay afloat, and
thus alive as I claw and grasp and kick and punch at the nothingless as I
sink into this thing quicker than quick sand.  To put it eloquently I can't
swim to save my life.. or am I now just being literal?

If I do one day develop a graceful and non-sinking swimming style, I think
I'd be gliding along the pool with Pachebel's canon in D playing in my head,
the chlorine water has the right colour for pachebel's canon - light-bluish
transparent.  Not "we rule the school" tho, cos that requires a colour
slightly more grey, maybe a pool in a black and white film.  And definitely
not "I'll C U when U get there" by coolio, maybe if I were swimming in a
swimming poo, definitely brown coloured with lumps of yellow bits.

I do wonder sometimes too tho what other people think about when they're
doing something idle, like sitting on a train.  I don't have a walkman to
listen to music to and often not have a book or newspaper on me to read.  I
would sneakily peek at other bored looking people's faces and guess what
they're thinking about, from their age and clothes and facial expressions:
how this 28 year old suited man is stressing about his work project and he
glances at his suitcase but never opening it, this little boy is thinking
about the next annoying thing he's going to do to annoy his mum, this artsy
fartsy looking bloke is thinking about how the art of the eighteenth century
were affected by those of the twentieth century, etc, etc.

I bet I get it wrong a lot though, unless every pretty girl on the train
were thinking about how cute I am and how they want to brutally ravage me
without my consent.  er.

I've been thinking a lot, lately about the London B&S treasure hunt, too
much, actually that I DREAMT about it last week!  More than once, too.  So
I'm kind of glad that it's over and congratulations to the one who's found
it.  I am a bit disappointed not to be amongst the winners tho, and I
thought I was very close to finding the clues.

So, will the answers to the clues be published now that the hunt is over?
Or will we be just left in the dark forever?  And be tormented by endless
dreams about where these clues are?  Will the very annoyed owner of that
shop on 69 New King's Road that was used to be called "The Singing Tree"
still be annoyed by 200 fans visiting him about a treasure hunt?

I hope the answers will be published.

Day Dreams Night Dreams and Red Bulls
Ken